Inducing hair growth is part of the remedy to hair fall. Often enriched with vitamins that promote growth of new hair, a few suitable pills for both, men and women are mentioned in this article.
The sight of a hundred stands of hair entangled in your hair brush leaves you shocked. Moreover, observing a receding hairline, or a small bald patch peeping from your scalp makes you downhearted. Not only women, but men also face the same problem. There are hair growth pills composed of different vitamins, that accentuate the growth of hair by interfering with hormones internally. Before highlighting the related pills for women and men, here’s some information about the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that promote growth of hair.
Essential Elements for Hair Growth
The following elements are active constituents of pills that help growth of new hair:
Vitamins: Vitamin E promotes the growth and healthy development of new hair. It provides nourishment to the roots. Vitamin A acts as an antioxidant, and lubricates hair follicles. Vitamin C prevents brittle strands, breakage, and split ends. B group vitamins enhance blood circulation in the scalp, and prevent premature graying and thinning of hair. They also help maintain the luster and shine.
Minerals and Nutrients: Pills for hair regrowth also contain calcium, phosphorous, iron, zinc, and magnesium, for strong and healthy hair. Essential amino acids like L-methionine, L-cysteine, and lysine improve the texture and quality of hair. Zinc is an active nutrient that treats scalp disorders, and prevents baldness. Omega-3 fatty acids help maintain a healthy scalp. Biotin is an active compound that promotes cell division, and enhances growth.
Most Common Causes of Hair Loss
The dosage of hair growth pills is decided by physicians, depending upon the intensity of hair loss and the reasons behind it.
- There’s a considerable rise in hair loss in both, males and females, due to exposure to pollution, dirt, and smoke.
- Work stress, tension, and mental pressure contribute to weak hair follicles.
- Hair fall can also be a side effect of various drugs and medications. Steroid pills, oral contraceptives, depression medications, and birth control pills cause hair loss. Medicines for blood pressure and gout, and blood thinners weaken the hair roots.
- Women experience a great deal of hair loss during pregnancy. It continues after childbirth.
- Disorders in thyroid gland, imbalance of androgen and estrogen hormones, diabetes, typhoid, malaria, etc., also lead to abundant loss of hair.
- Prolonged disease or sickness directly affects the condition of one’s hair.
- Scalp diseases and fungal infections also result in hair fall.
Baldness can be a disease or a hereditary factor.
Hair Growth Pills for Men and Women
These pills are different for men and women, when the reason behind hair loss is due to hormonal imbalance.
Androgen receptor modulator pills are prescribed by doctors to men suffering from hair loss, due to deficiency of hormone. There’s a common disorder in men, known as androgenetic alopecia, that leads to production of a hormone known as dihydrotestosterone (DHT). High DTH levels enhances rate of hair fall and shrinking of hair follicles in males. To treat this disorder, doctors often prescribe a medicine known as Propecia, that lowers the levels of DHT. Viviscal Hair Growth Vitamin Tablets are readily available for both men and women over the counter. Hair Formula 37 capsules are manufactured for faster hair growth in both, men and women.
These pills have proven to be successful in treating hair loss problems and premature baldness. If taken regularly, along with a healthy diet, they help regeneration of hair. However, the dosage of these should be determined by doctors, and must be approved by FDA. You must always consult doctor to rule out the underlying cause, if you are suffering from severe hair loss.
Disclaimer: This HairGlamourista article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.