Are you having recurring bad hair days? Is your hair always acting up? Are you fed up of trying different things to make your hair look nice? Have you thought of switching to an organic shampoo? Yes, your current shampoo could be filled with many harsh chemical substances that probably harm your hair more than they protect it. They can make your hair dry, frizzy, and unmanageable.
Using an organic homemade shampoo can help your hair regain its lost shine and texture. And among these organic shampoos, castile soap shampoo is one of the easiest to make and one of the best ones to use. Read ahead to know how to make it and how you can benefit from this wonderful shampoo.
Benefits of Using Castile Soap Shampoo
- Castile soap shampoo suits almost any hair type. So, no matter if your hair is dry, oily, frizzy, etc., you can use this shampoo to fix it.
- This shampoo is purely organic. Unlike other so-called 'natural' shampoos, it does not use chemicals in any form. Not even lather forming agents.
- Since it has purely natural ingredients, there is little to no chance of it damaging your hair.
- It is very gentle on the hair and works as a gentle potion for damaged hair.
- This shampoo is also a good solution for those who suffer from scalp problems like dandruff.
- It acts as a wonderful cleansing agent.
- It softens rough and coarse hair that has become so due to the harmful chemicals in other shampoos.
- It is a completely biodegradable shampoo and so is not a hazard to the environment either.
- It is also a good moisturizing treatment for dry and frizzy hair.
- It is an inexpensive hair care option compared to the ridiculously overpriced chemical shampoos.
From Solid Soap
- Take the castile soap bar and grate it into flakes/shreds. You can use a cheese grater or a vegetable peeler for this.
- Put the flakes into a bowl and pour hot water into it.
- If the soap does not dissolve soon, place it on a low flame and stir till it dissolves completely.
- Add vegetable glycerin.
- Add any essential oil that you want, according to the fragrance that you prefer.
- Pour this mixture into a jar and shake well.
- Your homemade castile shampoo is ready for use.
Shampoo from Liquid Soap
- Mix equal amounts of liquid castile soap and water.
- Then, you have two options - either add herbs or essential oils.
- To add herbs, chop the herb of your choice (rosemary, lavender, etc.) finely and boil it on a low flame with water for half an hour. Leave this mixture overnight, strain in the morning and boil again till the quantity is reduced to about a quarter cup.
- Strain this using filter paper.
- Add this to the liquid castile soap and mix thoroughly.
- For the other option, all you have to do is add the essential oil to the liquid soap bottle and shake well before use.
Hair care has never been easier. Just whip up this amazing castile soap shampoo and use it to help your hair recuperate from all the damage that commercial shampoos have rendered it. You'll have a head of gorgeous, light, and bouncy hair like never before!