We all love long and silky hair, and having straight strands is a dream many of us have seen innumerable times. However, most of us are not born with to-die-for straight hair. This trend is on the rise since many decades, the main inspiration which are the various Hollywood actors and actresses. Teens and adults idolize their screen icons and try be exactly like them. Take any of the Hollywood performers, and you will spot them sporting straight hair most of the time. In this article, we will discuss the best straightening shampoo in the market.
There are many companies that claim that they offer the best hair straightening product. Normally, people go for these products and most of them are disappointed. Also, people opt for various straightening treatments which cost like a ton and take a long time too. A lot of chemicals are involved in this procedure, which is not considered healthy for hair. Such procedures for straightening of hair sometimes cause many problems, like hair fall, dandruff, and discoloration of hair.
When you talk about a straightening shampoo, it is bound to have some common ingredients which are inorganic and which help smoothen the hair follicles. Following are the common ingredients in a hair straightening shampoo:
- Cocamide MEA
- Sodium lauryl sulfate
- Sodium laureth sulfate
- PEG 40 hydrogenated Castor oil
- Disodium cocoamphodiacetate
- Cocamidopropyl betaine
- Propylene glycol
- Sodium chloride
- Quaternium 80
- Diazolidinyl urea
- Hedera helix extract
- Bambusa vulgaris extract
- Polyquaternium 7
- Hydroxpropyltrimonium chloride
- Penta sodium pentetate
- Gratissima oil
Straightening Shampoo and Conditioner
No single rinse of products can help you in permanent straightening of the hair. The best straightening conditioner or shampoo cannot even come close to a hair relaxer, hair gel, or hair spray. But if you are trying to control the fuzziness of your hair, then these shampoos are a good option for you. Such shampoos and conditioners contain ingredients like silicone, polymers, and other conditioning agents which stick to your hair even after a rinse. These agents help weigh down your hair and work against the frizz and curl. They are not permanent hair straighteners, but something is better than nothing.
Many of us use shampoo as our regular hair care routine, but how do you know which shampoo is best suited for your hair? Let us have a look at some basic tips to choose the best hair straightening shampoos:
- Do not change your shampoos from time to time. If you know a good hair stylist or a dermatologist, consult them about hair straightening products in the market. They will obviously recommend you the appropriate product for your hair.
- Different types of hair products are suitable for different types of hair. If your hair is fine and thin, then it requires a shampoo with more protein content. Thin hair structure can also benefit from professional hair care products advised by your hair doctors.
- Curly or entangled hair will often look dry, and to make it better, it is recommended that you apply a hair straightening shampoo with a good moisturize content.
- If your hair gets exposed to chlorine, you can suffer various health problems. So, it is better to use the right kind of hair products if you are a regular swimmer. Use a shampoo with the ingredient EDTA in it.