Traditionally, Mexican women have always adorned their intricate hairstyles with colorful natural flowers.
Blessed with thick dark hair, and amazing texture, Latinos can flaunt any hairstyle with elan. Most modern guys and girls flaunt a variety of styles, but there are some traditional Mexican hairstyles still preferred by many. These styles are influenced by the warm climate in Mexico, and comfort is given lot of preference along with the style. Mexican women usually have long hair, which is dressed up in simple buns or intricate braids. Even the men, traditionally, preferred long hair, but these trends are changing lately, like they always do.
So, if you are thinking of going Latino with your hair, we have some amazing Mexican hairstyle ideas just for you. Check them out.
Female Mexican Hairstyles
- Absolutely practical and chic braids are one of the most popular Mexican haircuts.
- With the innumerable ways to braid hair, there's a type of braid available for every occasion.
- The long, thick hair of Latina women complements braids perfectly. Simple braids, fishtail braids, waterfall braids, or five-strand braids; you have so many options to try out.
- Double braids are also very popular with Mexican girls. Part your hair in the middle, and braid your hair like you normally would.
- Double braids are also very popular, as they look cute, and are very convenient as well.
- Adorn these braids with fake or real flowers for a more dressy look.
- If you want a hassle-free hairstyle that looks gorgeous, then try the braided bun.
- Just braid your hair; tie an elastic. Now wrap your braid to make a simple bun. Pin up the ends and any other loose strands, and you are good to go. Simple, right?
- You can even braid your bangs or make a pompadour at the front for a stylish look.
High Bun or Topknot
- While the braided bun has a dressy look, a high bun, also called a topknot, gives a neat, sexy look.
- It looks very chic with formal wear, and requires very little effort too. Just make a high pony, and then wrap the hair around it.
- To soften the look, remove a couple of strands of hair from each side.
- For a girly look, you can use colorful ribbons in your braids.
- Either tie a ribbon at the ends or braid it along with your hair. You can even use beads or decorative pins.
- This simple addition to any type of braid will instantly uplift your look.
Male Mexican Hairstyles
- The coarse texture of Latino hair complements this style very well. The Buzz cut looks very smart, and gives you a cool dude vibe.
- The hair is cut very close to the head, and this style looks good on most men.
- Perfect for a self-assured man, who loves to look good without too much fuss.
- Go rockabilly! Pompadours can never go out of style.
- First, you need to get a haircut in which the top is longer than the sides. Then, it's all about the styling. Apply some hair gel to the front section. Back-comb your hair to create some height, and your pompadour is all done and ready.
- You can have a simple, casual pompadour for daily wear, or create extra height for added drama on special occasions.
- If you have the confidence to carry long hair, then this style is absolutely made for you.
- Constant length looks boring, so do add some layers.
- Make the ladies swoon with your suave and cool mysterious demeanor. But remember, rocking length requires guts.
- This is the perfect Mexican hairstyle for long hair..
- Love the waves, but can't handle the length? Then we have a shorter but definitely cuter option for you.
- Cut your hair in layers, but keep the length medium. Apply some hair gel to get the perfect shine and waves.
- This style complements best to guys with curly hair. It may not look good on those guys who have very straight hair.