This article tells you how to cut your hair in an inverted bob so that you can get a cool look by trying some variations in the traditional bob cut.
A bad hair day is the last thing anybody would wish for. It not only spoils your look, but also your mood. Bad hair can reduce your confidence and affect your overall self-esteem. So, it is important to have a nice haircut to look presentable all the time.
If you are tired of long and boring hair which is quite difficult to maintain, then inverted bob hairstyles are the best option for you. These are one of the classic hairstyles that never go out of fashion. Another interesting thing about bobs is that you can try many variations in it. You can literally get a custom haircut that suits your hair texture, face shape, and personality.
Out of all the bob haircuts, the inverted bob haircut is always in vogue and suits most of the women. It also allows you to experiment with it in traditional, as well as trendy, ways. The good news is that it extremely easy to maintain and certainly enhances your look for the better. So, if you are tempted to get a brand new inverted bob, then its natural. This article will tell you how to cut an inverted bob to get that trendy look.
What is an Inverted Bob?
An inverted bob is one of the new hairstyles adorned by women. As the name suggests, it involves hair ends turned inwards, or in other words, the entire haircut tapers inwards. Inverted bobs are generally shorter, approximately chin length or a little longer than that, say till the nape of the neck. The longest inverted bob haircut can be shoulder length.
Once you get an inverted bob, all you have to do is style your hair properly and set it inwards using a simple hair dryer and curl comb. If your hair is nice, then it is quite easy to stylize it. Women with stubborn hair which just refuses to turn inward have to use some other hair care products, such as mousse, hair gel, etc. So, basically, an inverted bob is nothing but a bob cut with the hair turned inward.
There are many ways of cutting this hairstyle depending on the style you want. If you have thin hair, you may go for a layered bob that would add a lot of volume to your hair. Adding bangs is another option for women who are young and want a chic look. Working women who want a professional and a sophisticated look can go for a long inverted bob that is very easy to manage and goes with almost any outfit. It also allows to tie your hair properly when you are on the go.
How to Cut an Inverted Bob?
Given below are some of the steps that would assist you in getting a good inverted bob. Before you start with hair cutting, you would need following things:
- A pair of hair scissors
- Water spray bottle
- Hair section clips
- Fine-toothed tail comb
- Hair cutting apron
- A friend or a dummy (because you can’t cut your own hair)
Note: For less layers and a relatively sophisticated look, take an angle of 20-30° from the scalp. It will add a few layers to the hair ends. For moderate layers, take an angle of 45°, and to add a layer to each hair take an angle of 90°. It would give you a completely layered hair, looking fuller to the optimum.
1. Wash hair thoroughly with a shampoo and a good conditioner. Dry with a hair dryer.
2. Now, make your friend to sit in a good chair facing the mirror, or place a dummy in a similar manner.
3. Start sectioning hair in the standard way. Make sections as per your choice and the style you have selected. Fix the sectioned hair with section clips.
4. Now, start with the back hair first. Remove the sectioned hair from the lower head and cut it to the desired level. Now, gradually remove all the other sections from the back and cut them to the desired length.
5. Go to the side sections now. Follow a similar procedure, starting with the lower section. Keep the side length in sync with the back hair.
6. If you want bangs or shorter hair in front, then cut them accordingly. For this, you must see that you cut the hair in desired length.
7. Now, go back to the rear hair and angle it in such a way that it is shorter on the nape, and longer as you gradually go upwards. You can also give various steps and layers to give a fuller look.
8. Check for the extra and uneven hair, and trim it properly. Your brand new inverted bob is now ready. Just set it right with a dryer and you are ready to flaunt it.
You know now how to cut hair in an inverted bob and get one of the coolest haircuts, but it is advisable to ask your haircut teacher, expert, or a professional about how to do it properly. Once you get a great inverted bob, you are all set to see off all your bad hair days.