Rooted in tradition, styled in trend-the bandanas serve as a piece of confidence, freedom, and sheer coolness. Two-days old hair, or messy bunch of bangs, can look gorgeous with these bandana hairstyles. This HairGlamourista article gives you various bandana hairstyles for short hair, and ways to wear it.
Rosette Twist to Bandanas
Popularly known as rosette headband, it’s an elegant twist to the regular bandana. Use a long, thick scarf, preferably chiffon, and drape it around your head for a thick headband appearance. Tuck the scarf edges at the side, creating a spiral, as if giving an illusion of rose petals.
Bad hair day? Not to worry. A bandana will fix it! Folded scarves are a quick and easy way to brighten up your outfit, and a perfect solution for a day-old hair that you don’t bother to wash.
A lot of women omit the bandana for they think that it’s too masculine of an accessory, but there are actually a decent number of ways to wear a bandana and still come out looking feminine and chic.
You might have noticed celebrities likeRihanna and Cher Lloyd wearing those cute bandanas. This piece of accessory is what enhances their overall attire, making it look complete.
You just need a few things on your closet to implement it:
2. Bobby pins
3. Round brush
Primary Bandana Hairstyles for Short Hair
The Pin-up/Rockabilly Style
The first way to tie a bandana is with the knot on top. For an authentic Rockabilly style, natural soft curls or setting your hair in pin curls overnight is suggested.
Here’s a simple way of styling it.
1. Take a scarf of your choice.
2. Fold it into half and make a triangle.
3. Continue to fold from the short end in, until you have a 2″ to 3″ wide band.
4. Place it at the nape of your neck, and tie a knot on top of your head.
5. If you have bangs, keep them free.
6. Position the ends as you desire and tuck a few bobby pins to keep it all in place.
The Rocker Style
This style gives the headband look, prominently a vintage feel.
Tuck in these simple steps:
1. The instructions 1 to 3 remain the same here, as discussed in pin-up style.
2. Now, place the bandana on the top, and tie the knot on top.
The Regular Headband Verse!
The Broad Headband Verse!
A super-charming look. Simply grab a bright-colored headband, or fold the bandana like a headband, wrap it around your head, letting its width to rest around your forehead. There you are, with an effortlessly glamorous look.
The Rocker with a Twist!
Another take on this easy hairstyle is:
1. Use a narrow scarf.
2. Tie the scarf behind the head as usual, but leave long ends that can be pulled forward over the shoulders. This creates a bubbly look.
Rosie the Riveter Style
This is a fabulous look for any day. Especially if you want to skip the shampoo, or are dealing in some dirty work and want to protect your hair, then Rosie the Riveter is all that you want.
Ways to frame it:
1. Follow instructions 1 to 3 of pin-up style.
2. After folding the scarf into a triangle, place the bandana at the center of the neck, like we did for the pin-up look.
3. Now, tie a double knot just behind the hairline by pulling the bandana over the ears.
4. Pull a touch of hair out for a hint of bangs.
A celebrated variation to this look is folding the bangs inwards, making a small puff.
The Bonnet Style
A bandana worn in this manner can get hair off your face. Wear your bandana over your head as a bonnet during summer, when it’s too warm to wear a real bonnet. Redolent of a pirate, this style won’t go on all occasions.
1. Fetch a broad scarf.
2. Fold the scarf in a triangular manner.
3. Wrap your head with the scarf in the way that all three ends of the triangle meet at the back of your head.
4. Now tie them in a tight double knot.
Variations to a Bandana
Variations to the regular bandana!
Bow variations to bandana!
Polka dot bandana!
You can also mix up statement earrings, especially longer ones that appear as an extension of your hair, to give your short hair a lengthier effect. We hope that this piece of information helped in making your unwashed hair a little more photogenic. Guess you’re just a selfie away!