Curly hair looks great and can be styled in many ways. But to keep it healthy, shiny, and bouncy, proper care is required. This article will help you choose the best conditioner for curly hair and provide some recipes to make conditioners at home.
Curly hair generally doesn’t need much maintenance, but regular conditioning is a must. Choosing the product according to the hair type is important, because if you make a wrong choice, you can end up with dropping and heavy-looking hair. Some information on the hair type is given below along with recipes of conditioners for curly hair. Some tips are also mentioned about choosing the right hair care refresher.
Curly Hair Type
It is the opposite of straight hair. There are different classifications such as wavy hair, normal spirals, and extremely curled. Wavy hair is easy to maintain and can be combed with a big tooth comb. Normal coils can be twisted into different styles and mostly have a fine texture. Very curly hair is the kind, which when pulled, springs back to its normal shape like Afro hair.
If you have frizzy hair, then never use a brush as it might make the hair look fluffy, and even cause damage. For hair care, comb the hair either with your fingers, or use a big tooth comb.
Tips for Maintenance
- This kind of hair is mostly dry, as the oil from the scalp cannot easily travel through the hair shaft due to the coiled shape.
- The best shampoo would be the one containing wheat germ oil, oils of nuts, or shea butter, as they greatly help in moisturizing the hair.
- After shampooing, use a moisturizing conditioner.
- Use it after every wash, and use a deep stimulant once a week.
- Your products should preferably contain emu, avocado, or jojoba oil.
A couple of homemade hair care product recipes are given below:
Use of Avocado and Jojoba
- Use 3 – 4 drops of avocado oil, and mix 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil in it.
- Warm the solution a bit, and dampen your hair.
- Apply the mix on your scalp, and massage for 7 minutes.
- Take a warm towel, and wrap it around your head.
- Keep the towel for 45 minutes, and wash your hair with cool water.
- Avocado oil contains vitamin A, D, and E, and jojoba oil deeply moisturizes the hair and makes it smooth.
- Together, these two ingredients provide a deep moisturizing effect.
Use of Egg
- Beat up 1 egg yolk, add 1 teaspoon of rum, and 1 teaspoon of castor oil to it.
- Dampen your hair, massage the mix on the scalp for a minute, and apply the rest on your hair.
- Keep it on for a few minutes, and wash your hair and scalp with cool water.
- Egg is rich in vitamin A and D, and together with castor oil and rum, it will deeply strengthen your hair.
You can buy the right product at the supermarket to maintain your locks, and keep them healthy and shiny, or you can use the above inexpensive recipes and enjoy shiny, bouncy, and healthy hair.