There's some good news for all those who love to highlight their hair or experiment with their hair color. It is indeed thrilling to see yourself sporting a different hair color after bearing that horrible ammonia smell for hours. But after few days, the color starts fading, and your hair starts looking dull, signaling a return of all the bad hair days for you. On such days, hair clarifying shampoo comes to your rescue. These shampoos are designed to be strong enough to remove residues and buildups that stay back after using styling products, oils, etc. Using it instead of your regular shampoo will help in fading your hair quicker than regular ones.
What Are Clarifying Shampoos?
Clarifying shampoos are like any other shampoos, but are high on acetic acid, which is known for its descaling abilities. It deep cleanses the accumulations on the hair strands that are caused due to the overuse of hair styling products, such as hair gel, hair spray, hair mousse, hair colors, and conditioners. This accumulated layer can weigh down your hair, making them flat and sticky. The accumulation or buildup on the hair also prevents the reflection of light, which makes your hair appear dull and lifeless. A clarifying shampoo removes this buildup from the hair and rejuvenates your hair giving it a clean, shiny, and silky appearance.
There are various clarifying shampoos designed to remove various buildups from your hair. For example, if you go for a swim daily, then the chlorine in the pool water will accumulate on your hair. In such situations, you should resort to clarifying shampoos that are formulated to remove chlorine.
Some clarifying shampoos are so strong that they can even remove hair dye in a few washes by fading the color. You may want get rid of hair dye styles, which you thought would suit you, but didn't look all that great after applying. Or sometimes, you may want to look a little less flamboyant, as you may not want to flash colors in a formal board meeting. In such cases, clarifying shampoo is the best solution. With frequent use, it can remove the color completely from your hair, or you can use it till you achieve the desired color shade.
Using Clarifying Shampoo For Hair Dye
Using a clarifying shampoo to remove hair color is as simple as using a regular shampoo. You only have to check how strong the shampoo is and how long it will take to remove the color. Before you decide to remove the color, talk to your hair stylist who colored your hair. Share your discomfort about the new hair color and why you did not like this hair color. This will help your stylist understand your problem and based on that, he/she might suggest some color correction or can guide you about how to sport this newly colored hair. Even after this, if you decide to remove it, you can try clarifying shampoos. There are many clarifying shampoos available in the market.
- Choose the one that is meant for removing the hair dye. You can also choose any usual shampoo which is high in acetic acid. For this, you need to check out the list of ingredients on the bottle. If the acetic acid is closer to the top of the list, then it contains a high amount of acetic acid.
- Always remember that the older the color or the hair dye, the more difficult it is to remove. So, if you think that you might want to remove the hair dye, do it soon without wasting any time.
- Once you choose the right clarifying shampoo, you need to wash your hair with it. You can choose to oil your hair before using clarifying shampoo. After using clarifying shampoo, your hair might become dry and frizzy. So you can try using mild conditioners to keep your hair soft and silky. You can also use conditioners meant for colored hair, that will nourish your hair better.
- After the first wash, you will get the general idea about how many more times you need to wash hair with clarifying shampoo. However, it is advisable not to use it excessively, as it contains harmful chemicals.
- Restrict your use up to 1-2 times a week. When you get the desired light tone, you can stop using it and continue with your usual mild shampoo. If you want remove the color completely, then continue using clarifying shampoo until you get back to the original color.
An important point to note is that if you have gone in for lightening hair, that is, if you have used hair dye colors to lighten excessively dark hair, then the clarifying shampoo cannot help you. In such cases, re-coloring your hair is the best way to change the color of your hair. So go ahead and sport myriad hues on your hair that will keep the diva alive in you.