One can get a choppy hairdo on their existing hairstyle, or get a good haircut and then cut the hair choppy. These haircuts are a great way to give a stylish and fresh look to the normal straight wavy or curly hair. Choppy hairstyles are quite easy to do, and if you have basic hair cutting skills, then you can cut your hair into this style at home itself. Choppy cuts are a good option for thin hair, as they help to add volume to the hair. So, first start with a good hairstyle, which you can select from the below list; and then cut your hair choppy.
Starting with a Good Cut
To get a choppy hairdo effect, always start with a good base haircut. Here are some of the haircut styles and ideas that you can choose from.
Layers suit any hair type and can be done on any length of hair. Short choppy cuts for men with layers are very in. So, you can always go for choppy style with the layered haircut, to give an even edgy look. Women can go for different layered hairstyles. You can cut your hair in deep layers and try layered hairstyles with bangs, which can be side sweeping bangs or a blunt Cleopatra style bangs. Then, blow dry your choppy layers by flipping the hair outwards or inwards.
The graduated bob haircuts look very stylish and can be accompanied for a more stylish look. These styles look bold and suit almost all faces, and also are least maintenance cuts. To get your haircut into graduated hairstyles, cut your back hair very short at the nape of your neck. Then cut the hair on your sides longer, you can also accompany your hairstyle with side bangs.
The scene hairstyles are very popular among girls. To get these long choppy styles, cut the front section of your hair into side long bangs. Then cut the hair strands in such a way, that the hair till your chin are shorter and the rest of the hair give a thin hair ends look. You can also use a razor to make your scene hairstyles even more stylish.
How to Cut Your Hair into a Choppy Hairstyle?
Follow these stepwise instructions:
- To get choppy hair, straight hair is required. If you have wavy or curly hair then you will need to straighten your hair first.
- Shampoo your hair, and towel dry them.
- Apply hair serum and cream from hair scalp to the hair ends. This will protect your hair from any damage during straightening.
- Next, use a straightening iron on different sections of hair to straighten them.
- Then go for any of the aforementioned haircuts, and accompany it with bangs.
- After you are done with the cut, hold different strands of your hair at a 45º angle, then hold your scissor at an angle and cut your hair.
- In this way, work on different lengths of your hair to give it a choppy effect. You can also use a razor to give the hair ends a soft and wispy look. Make sure that you use the razor with care.
To maintain your haircut, you will need a trim every six or eight weeks. To make your choppy hairstyles look even more beautiful, accompany them with hair color ideas of highlights or lowlights.