- Deep conditioning mask
- Old clothing
- Volume 20-30 hair bleaching kit
- Stylist gloves
- Two plastic shower caps
- Hair dye mixing bowl and spatula/brush
- Hair dryer
- Towels and washcloths
- Hair toner
• The primary stage involves bleaching your hair. If you have colored your hair prior to this, remove it using a product made especially for this purpose. If your hair is already very damaged, use a volume 20 kit, otherwise use a volume 30 kit.
The bleach will have instructions on it, which you should follow while mixing it. After donning a pair of gloves, follow the instructions while applying the bleach to your hair. Start at the back of your head, as the hair there is darker, and work your way forward.
It will be easiest to do if you partition your hair into ½-inch sections, and bleach one section at a time. Once you are done, gather up all your hair and pile it on the top of your head. Ensuring that there are no tight clumps, put a shower cap on your head.
Use a blow dryer all over your hair, to keep the hair bleach warm. Keep this up for 10-15 minutes, then rinse out your hair. Don't be perturbed if your hair is not as light as you'd like it to be.
• Repeat this process 3-4 times. By the third or fourth time, most people find their hair begins to break or fall. To minimize damage at this point, avoid brushing, combing, or any other kind of pressure on your hair and follow hair care tips.
• One is advised to give their hair a break for two to three days before continuing the process. If your hair is yellow or light orange at this time, you may have to cover it with a bandanna or a hat.
• A toner will help you banish any remaining shades (of red, orange, or blue) in your hair. Apply it according to the instructions that come on the pack. After waiting for the said amount of time, rinse out your hair.
• At this point of time, your hair desperately requires deep conditioning to recover from the ordeal it has been through. Coat your hair with a thick layer of a deep conditioning mask. Put on another shower cap and once again provide heat for 15 minutes from a hair dryer. Wait of another 15 minutes and rinse.