Olive oil, popularly referred to as liquid gold, is a multipurpose oil which is not only used for culinary purposes but also for the overall health of the body and hair. Olive oil nourishes your hair from root to tip and also gives your hair luster and a silky soft texture. Usually, hair becomes dry, brittle and may look lifeless owing to pollution, harsh chemicals and hair treatment methods, UV rays, improper hair care and an imbalanced diet. All these factors hamper the healthy growth of hair and it tends to dry out and suffer from a number of issues. So to avoid these problems, many people suggest the use of this essential oil.
Benefits of Using Olive Oil for Hair
There are a number of positive effects of using olive oil for hair, since it is an all-natural product sans chemicals. Here are some pointers on why using olive oil is good for hair.
- Olive oil is one of the best treatments to nourish your hair from within. A deep massage improves blood circulation and stimulates the hair follicles and triggers new hair growth.
- Warming the oil and applying it to the hair may provide moisture to the scalp and prevent the hair from becoming dry and brittle, thereby making it less prone to breakage.
- A few drops of lemon juice added to the oil and applied on hair will combat problems like dandruff and lice. It also prevents the flaking of the scalp.
- Using olive oil is another excellent measure to prevent hair fall. It improves the strength of the hair follicles and provides a strong anchorage to the roots.
- Another advantage of applying olive oil is that it helps you achieve a thicker and denser mane. Since it is rich in vitamin E, it nourishes the hair follicles, triggering the growth of new hair. Say goodbye to split ends and frizziness, with the regular use of olive oil.
Olive Oil Hair Treatment for Softer Hair
Now that you are familiar with the concept of what does olive oil do to your hair, let us take a look at how to pamper your tresses with this essential oil.
- You can take olive oil hair treatment at home by massaging your hair with this essential oil. It will strengthen the roots and nourish your hair till the tips.
- Take the required amount of oil in a small bowl. You can either warm it or use it as it is at room temperature.
- Comb your hair properly to free it from knots and tangles, if any. Part your hair with the help of your fingertips and massage the oil onto the scalp. Applying pressure while oiling will have a wonderful effect on the scalp. You can use hot oil hair treatment if your hair is too frizzy.
- Repeat this procedure till you have completely covered the entire portion of the head. Massage your head thoroughly with only the fingertips so that the oil spread evenly.
- Loosely tie your hair into a bun and cover it with a shower cap. Now relax for about half an hour, till the oil seeps deep into the scalp and begins its effect. The longer you allow the oil to get absorbed into the scalp, the better it is.
- After the stipulated time, shampoo your hair to wash off the oil and condition it. Once your hair has dried, you will notice that it appears to be shinier than before. A routine olive oil hair treatment regimen should be followed religiously if you need positive results.
So if you want to have beautiful hair (much to the envy of others) that shines with health, use virgin olive oil and follow a proper hair care regimen, and you will notice all hair problems dissipating away.