Well, this is indeed a tricky situation for me to provide tricks that work and tips that help. This is because I have understood the value of every hair strand that belongs to me. I know the pain, the embarrassment one is put through when follicles fail to function the way they should. To be follicly challenged is, indeed a painful fact to digest, yet is gulped down by many of us.
It is a challenge to take a sneak peek and look at yourself in the mirror, and wonder, where has that thick crowning glory disappeared? Leave alone crowning glory, all I am left is a crown without the glory! It's a sad state. Troubles concerning hair loss and questions concerning hair care have played havoc with our psyche. Heard of hop scotch? Well, that is precisely the game our hair indulges with the scalp.
It has been observed that not only men, but women, too, experience major hair-thinning patterns. In the actual, thinning hair in women is a major cause, much more than in men. It gets you agitated when you see your strands captured on the comb teeth. The hair that should have been seated on your head are vociferously romancing the comb. "What am I supposed to do?", you ask. My advice to you would be; read this article and apply some tips to formulate your regular haircare regimen.
The most common reason why people lose hair: Pollution, and the use of harmful chemicals making the hair thin and coarse. A stressful lifestyle can also contribute to losing hair and having a pattern that focuses on thinning. Hereditary also influences hair growth, thickness and consistency, and of course, hair loss. You could get hair that looks thick and feels thick, naturally.
How to Get Thicker Hair
I know your question is how to get thicker hair and you sure will get the answer in this section of the article.
- You could have thick mane by massaging it once in a week with coconut or jojoba oil. Castor oil can also be used. A scalp massage has the capability of making your hair thicker and look fuller. With a massage, you could have the follicles activated, thus motivating them in the process to grow.
- A hot oil treatment with a hot towel therapy is a definite help. All you need to do is to soak a head towel and place it on oiled hair. Wrap it around your hair, remove it, re-soak the towel, and wrap it around the head again. Repeat the entire process at least five to six times. This will make it stronger, making it shine with health.
- Regulate your intake of vitamins. They could well be a solution to make them fuller. The roots will be strengthened, making the hair less prone to breakage and problems, such as split-ends, in the process repairing the coarse hair structure as well.
- A healthy and well-balanced diet is of great help. Including greens, dry fruits, and fiber is your ticket to healthy hair. Proteins also serve to be the building blocks, thus consuming meat and chicken (for non vegetarians), and tofu and cottage cheese (made from vegetable rennet for thorough vegans), is one way to supplement your diet.
- For assistance in your shower routines, you must remember not to have a head bath in hot water. Tepid water is perfect when washing hair. Hot water can rip off its natural oils. Also, you may resort to washing your hair on alternate days if you have oily hair. For dry hair, a hair-wash routine, where you wash it twice or thrice a week is appropriate.
- Don't try to comb your hair when wet. Using a serum on wet or damp hair may help you with the knots. Tackling rough and unmanageable hair could be taken care of, by using the serum.
- Another tip is to avoid the use of chemicals on the hair. Permanently straightening and perming the hair can lead to thinning, thereby spoiling the texture.
- To have your hair possess an illusory volume, some suggest using castile soap or a soap bar to wash your hair. Using the castile soap once in a blue moon, makes a difference to the texture of your hair. The soap helps your hair get rid of the buildup, caused due to residual remains of shampoos and conditioners. A bar soap is considered a hefty solution for your hair to regain volume; however, it may dry up the hair shaft, making it brittle. This will inadvertently lead to split ends.
- If you want to straighten your hair with an iron every time you step out of your house; it may ruin your hair and spell disaster in terms of making it coarse, dry and hard to manage.
- Use natural products, such as henna. You could apply henna by mixing it with yogurt and tea water, and notice the difference for yourself. Apply this mixture, once in two months and leave it on for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Use a wide toothed comb always. Don't indulge in over brushing your hair. This will activate the hair follicles and make the scalp oily. This will in turn probe you to wash your hair frequently, thus causing it to become dry and brittle.
- Use a shampoo and conditioner that has wheat germ or jojoba oils as its motivational ingredients. Using shampoos and conditioners that have lauryl sulfate make your hair scum-free. However, by using these, you could have your hair striped off its natural oils.
- Stay completely hydrated. Drink plenty of water, eat fresh fruits and have your system high on liquids.
Hope this article has given you tips on how to have voluminous hair. Your hair thoroughly contributes to enhancing your beauty. So, take care of your hair before it threatens to leave you in a lurch!