Beautiful long hair requires good maintenance. Most of the time we associate hair care with salons, but salon treatments are expensive and one needs to visit one regularly for effective treatment. So, why not bring the salon experience home, with various products available to stimulate hair growth and have long and lustrous locks.
What you eat naturally affects your hair. You need to eat a balanced diet that is rich in proteins, vitamins, and minerals. Eating vitamin rich foods work wonders to stimulate hair growth. Vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K are the best for hair growth. Include these, along with fresh fruits and vegetables, in your daily diet.
As vitamin B is a powerful vitamin to stimulate hair growth, include whole grains, potatoes, and bananas in your diet. Eggs, soy, and other protein rich foods also help to stimulate hair growth. It is vital to nurture your body to prevent hair loss and promote a healthy mane. Drinking at least 8-10 glasses of water everyday also helps in this regard.
Massaging your scalp for minimum ten minutes on a regular basis will lead to increase in blood circulation to the hair follicles and relieve stress. The increased blood supply helps the follicles in absorbing more nutrients, thereby promoting hair growth.
Applying oil stimulates hair growth and helps in hair loss prevention. Massaging your scalp with essentials oils induce hair growth by stimulating the follicles.Here are some of the best oils that you can use to stimulate hair growth.
Application of jojoba oil to dry hair is recommended in cases of hair loss. Coconut and rosemary oils can be mixed with jojoba oil and applied to the hair. This will result in healthy hair growth.
Massaging your scalp with thyme oil increases blood circulation, which results in hair growth.
Mix castor oil with some coconut and olive oil. Use this mixture to massage your hair roots. This mixture works best when it is heated before application.
Hair growth can be increased with the use of natural supplements. These supplements could be in the form of pills, powders, or tonics. Supplements rich in beta carotene, silica, and vitamins like B, C, and E can be taken to stimulate hair growth. But, before opting for these supplements, it's advisable to consult your doctor.
Home remedies are the best natural remedies to stimulate hair growth. They are most beneficial and chemical-free ways to make hair grow faster and stronger. Some home remedies are given here for your reference.
- Mix plain yogurt, egg yolk, and lemon and apply to your hair. Wrap a towel around it for deep conditioning. Wash it after thirty minutes.
- Mix coconut milk with aloe vera gel and apply it on your hair. Rinse it after thirty minutes.
- Use avocado, eggs, and wheat germ oil to make a natural conditioner. Use this mixture regularly for great results.
- Lemon and buttermilk help to get rid of dandruff. Use this on a regular basis.
- You can use apple cider vinegar to rinse your hair, as it is an excellent conditioner, but remember to dilute it in cold water.
- Remember to wash your hair with cold or warm water only. Don't wash it with hot water, as it is harmful to your hair.
- Exercise daily as it improves blood circulation, thereby increasing hair growth.
- Remember to get at least eight hours of sleep daily, as hair grows faster when you sleep.
All these methods listed would definitely help to stimulate hair growth. A word of advice though; before taking pills and supplements for hair growth, don't forget to consult your doctor.