Hair is one of the most beautiful aspects of a woman's personality. We tend to use many treatments to get shiny and smooth hair. But, in the long run, these chemicals and harsh treatments ruin our long mane and result in dry, brittle, and gray tresses. Do not worry though, as there are alternative ways to get silky and shiny hair, and we are going to discuss them in the subsequent paragraphs.
You need to first focus on your diet, as your eating habits affect your hair. You need to include iron-rich foods in your diet, as it promotes healthy and shiny hair. You also need to eat plenty of vegetables and fruits, as they contain vitamins that are essential for healthy hair growth. Also eat plenty of almonds as they contain vitamin E, which is very important for healthy hair. Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated and to flush out the toxins that cause weak hair.
- You should massage your tresses regularly with hair oil containing vitamin E. You can even break open a vitamin E oil capsule and add the contents of it into your regular hair oil.
- Egg is the best home remedy for shiny and smooth hair. Mix eggs and mayonnaise, and apply the pack to your hair. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes, and then wash thoroughly and get soft shiny hair. Make sure your wash your hair squeaky clean, as the egg and mayonnaise odor will not be easy to remove.
- If you have aversions to the smell of eggs, you can try adding 2 tablespoons of honey in a jug of water. Use this honey water as a final rinse.
- Another effective way is the use of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of water. You need to pour this water on wet hair and leave it on for a minute. Then, rinse off with cool water. You will find your tresses shiny and soft.
- You can apply milk to your hair and then wash it off with cool water. Then, run ice cubes over your hair strands and comb.
- You can give your hair a rich gloss with a strawberry mask. All you need to do is mash 8 strawberries in one tablespoon of mayonnaise. Massage this paste into your mane and then cover it with shower cap. Then, cover the shower cap with a warm towel wrap. Leave it on for 15 minutes and wash off with a shampoo and conditioner.
- If you have some leftover beer from lasts night's party, then you can use it to rinse your hair. Pour the beer in your hair and massage it in. Rinse your hair thoroughly with cool water to make it really shiny and smooth.
- You can even use lemon juice to get shiny hair. Just mix juice of one whole lemon with a 1½ cup of water and pour it over the hair. Wash off with cool water.
Recipes for Homemade Hair Care Products
- For Silky Hair:
You will need to use one or two avocados depending on your hair length. Mash the avocado in a bowl and then massage it into your hair from root to tips. Let the mashed avocado stay in your hair for 10 minutes or so, and then wash off thoroughly with warm water.
- For Shiny Hair:
You need 1 oz. rosemary oil and 1/8 oz. lavender oil for this recipe. Mix the two oils together and store in a dark place or in an amber-colored bottle. You should take a few drops of this oil on your palm and brush it against your hairbrush. Then, use the hairbrush to comb your hair. This oil mixture will last for about 6 months.
- For Deep Conditioning:
You need 1 avocado, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1 teaspoon baking powder. Mash the avocado and mix it with olive oil and baking powder. Then, work this mixture through your hair and leave it on for 15 minutes. Wash it out thoroughly. This is a very effective way of conditioning your hair.
- For Dry and Damaged Hair:
You need 2 tablespoons soy protein, 1 cup milk, and ¼ cup of fresh or frozen fruit, like banana or strawberries. Mix all the ingredients in a blender till smooth and creamy. Apply this cream to the hair once a week. This will prove to be a very effective deep conditioning treatment.
- Shampoo for Shiny Hair:
You need 1 egg, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon Castile soap, ½ cup water, and 5 drops of any essential oil (optional) for this recipe. Mix all the ingredients in a blender till smooth and shampoo your hair with it. Wash with warm water thoroughly (avoid hot water). If you have any leftover shampoo, store it in the refrigerator.
- For Dandruff-ridden Hair:
You need to massage your hair and scalp with baking soda. This will help absorb excess oil and loosen the dead skin on the scalp. Rinse off the hair thoroughly with water. You will find your hair really dry at first, but after a couple of weeks you will be free of dandruff, with smooth shiny hair.
You can try these natural remedies that will not harm your hair like the chemicals. These home remedies will take time to show their effect, but they will work for sure if you carry them out regularly. With proper hair care and a healthy diet, you will be able to get smooth and silky hair.