Considering our busy and hectic schedule, it is next to impossible to spare time and pamper ourselves. Moreover, pollution, dust, and heat affect our hair, and make it dry, weak, and difficult to manage. This may further contribute to various other hair problems like hair fall and aging. Hence, one of the best remedies for this is a silk wrap for hair. This is a simple hairstyling technique that conditions and styles hair to make them soft, healthy, and shiny all over again. It revitalizes hair, and keeps it from getting frizzy and damaged. This is devoid the use of hair straighteners or expensive ironing tongs. However, if you are thinking that you have to rush to a parlor, and spend lots of money, then you are certainly wrong. Silk wrap hairstyle can be done at home without investing much of your time and effort. Here are the techniques to follow.
- Start by washing your hair well with a good straightening or smoothing shampoo and conditioner.
- Dry it off completely, either by air drying or by using a blow dryer.
- Put your hair in large rollers (hot or standard). If you are using standard rollers, make sure you direct the blow dryer's heat at the rollers to set the curls properly.
- Now slowly take out the rollers, and apply a good leave-in conditioner, moisturizer, or setting lotion to your hair. Only a small quantity is needed, so avoid using too much of moisturizer, as it will needlessly weigh down your hair.
- Smoothen your hair, and then cover it in plastic wrap.
- Sit under a dryer for nearly 15-20 minutes, and then remove the plastic cover to show off your smooth, soft, and shiny stresses.
- Follow the steps of washing and drying your hair the same way as in the previous technique.
- Once your hair is dry, in place of a conditioner or moisturizer, apply a small amount of hair lotion or cream to moisture as well as add some volume to hair.
- Now, apply just a dab of hair serum, and smoothen your hair using a paddle brush or a large tooth comb.
- Once your hair is free of tangles, apply a small amount of setting lotion and wrap it well.
- Sit under a hair dryer, and then comb your hair down using a large tooth comb.
- Again apply a dab of serum, and wrap your hair, using a long piece of saran wrap. Make sure you cover the entire head, and sit under a hair dryer for around 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, remove the wrap, comb your hair, and you are done.
Isn't it easy? Now that you're acquainted to the procedure, what are you waiting for? Try doing this hairstyle for office, parties, or any other event, and get ready for the barrage of compliments coming your way.