Whenever going for any choppy hairstyle it is important that you first select a good base hairstyle. Here are the various base hairstyles out of which you can choose the one that suits you the best.
Hair Cutting Tips
After you are done selecting a good base hairstyle, follow these steps to cut your hair choppy. If you have no experience in hair cutting, then approach a stylist.
- Shampoo and condition your hair. Then towel dry them, make sure you don't blow dry , as wet hair should be maintained so that cutting them becomes easier. You can keep a spray nozzle bottle near you, in case your hair go dry.
- To cut your hair choppy, work on all the strands of your hair. To make your style look more choppy select smaller sections of hair.
- So, take a strand of your hair and hold it at a 45 degree angle. Then tilt your scissor and make a cut near the end of the hair. Keep the crown hair shorter in length while cutting them choppy and the hair near the nape of the neck longer. This way work on all hair strands.
- While defining your bangs, select very small hair strands and cut them choppy at the edges.
- This way finish cutting all your hair choppy to create variation of different choppy hair strands that give a layered short haircut look.
To keep your hair looking good, make sure you keep conditioning them. Choppy hairstyles are not difficult to maintain, here are some tips to style short choppy styles. Hairstyles like faux hawk or very short hairstyles might need some styling gel. The rest of the hairstyles just need to be set properly, which can be done using a comb and hairspray.