In sew-in method, curved hair-weaving needles and special threads are used to sew the wefts into braids made with one's natural hair. This technique can be used to add volume to the crown or length to your hair. The sew-in weave styles will depend on the kind of extension used and the placement of the extension.
Application of Sew-in Extensions
It is always better to get a hairstylist to sew in hair weaves to your natural hair. The following technique is used for all types of sew in hairstyles.
- Before you start weaving synthetic or real hair into your natural hair, make sure that you decide on a weave hairstyle that you wish to style your hair in.
- The next step is to sew in tracks into the cornrow braids. So, braid your hair in cornrows. When you have braided your hair in cornrows or a zigzag pattern, use clamps to tie them together.
- Now, you need to get hold of the track of the hair weave. After cutting it to the length of the cornrow, take a special curved hair-weaving needle and a hair weaving thread. Thread the needle and tie a knot at the fag end of the thread.
- Sew the hair weft onto the cornrow by passing the curved needle needs under the cornrow and then through the track.
- Follow this method till you sew up tracks firmly to the cornrow braids.
When compared to other hair extension techniques, sew-ins last longer. This hairstyling technique gives you the freedom to get a stylish makeover whenever you want.