This technique can be used to add volume to the crown or length to your hair. The sew-in weave styles will depend on the kind of extension used and the placement of the extension.
Application of Sew-in Extensions
It is always better to get a hairstylist to sew in hair weaves to your natural hair. The following technique is used for all types of sew in hairstyles.
- Before you start weaving synthetic or real hair into your natural hair, make sure that you decide on a weave hairstyle that you wish to style your hair in.
- The next step is to sew in tracks into the cornrow braids. So, braid your hair in cornrows. When you have braided your hair in cornrows or a zigzag pattern, use clamps to tie them together.
- Now, you need to get hold of the track of the hair weave. After cutting it to the length of the cornrow, take a special curved hair-weaving needle and a hair weaving thread. Thread the needle and tie a knot at the fag end of the thread.
- Sew the hair weft onto the cornrow by passing the curved needle needs under the cornrow and then through the track.
- Follow this method till you sew up tracks firmly to the cornrow braids.
When compared to other hair extension techniques, sew-ins last longer. This hairstyling technique gives you the freedom to get a stylish makeover whenever you want.