Biggest drawback faced by black women when it comes to their hair, is its length and texture. Most black women have shorter hair, which makes it difficult to experiment with new looks. Many of them prefer to tie the hair, or go for permanent styles like dreadlocks and cornrows, as there is hardly anything they can do with it.
Apart from this, their hair also tends to be dry and gets frizzy, which stops them from trying out different hairdos, such as, highlighting, coloring, perming, and straightening, etc., as that can damage the locks further.
Today, there are many companies that make extensions from human hair, that can either be sewn in or glued. According to experts, sewn in hair is better because they last longer, and cause less damage. Whereas, glued hair is generally temporary, say for a week, and getting them glued is quite messy.
Apart from this, it also causes a lot of damage, especially, the glue removal process. So, if possible, go for sew in hair which is very much in fashion these days. But, in that case too, you have to consider some of the important things, as follows:
- Make sure to buy good quality extensions from a standard store.
- Buy only extensions made from human hair, though they will be costlier than the artificial hair.
- Get your hair sewed in by a professional instead of trying it on your own.
- While buying extensions, make sure the color matches or blends well with your natural hair.
- Decide if you want to add to the volume or length, or both, and buy the extensions accordingly.
- Also make sure that you buy enough extensions so that the desired thickness is met.
With new sewn in hair, you have the chance to fill in some hues in your life as well. You can highlight your hair with any color you wish, but make sure that it suits your personality and skin tone.
Well, these were some of the sew in hairstyles, that can help you get a unique look for every occasion. But again, consult the hair experts and get the hairstyles done for you by a professional only, to avoid any hair problems. Go ahead and flaunt the diva in you!