The beauty of a woman is often judged by her eyes, heart and those beautiful tresses. So naturally, when you are participating in a pageant, you may be spoiled for choice when it comes to choosing haircut styles and ideas. Hairstyles for such events should be sophisticated and elegant, as most of these contests give points for poise, grace, and elegance.
There are tons of pageant hairstyles for girls that are bound to make an impression on the judges. Everyone wants to look their best at such times, so, along with dresses, shoes, and makeup, the hairdo should also reflect your personality and style. The right one can accentuate your beauty and help you achieve that perfect look.
If you want to go for a classy look, then the perfect choice is the French twist. This works best for medium hair.
- Start by back combing your hair at the crown and make a ponytail.
- Twist the ponytail backwards and roll it into itself. Use pins to secure the roll to the back of your head, ensure those bobby pins are not visible, as that will make it look untidy.
- Add hair accessories to make it look attractive. The French twist will give you a regal and elegant look.
This is a very popular hairdo for girls that is also seen on the red carpet on a lot of fashion starlets like Katherine Heigl.
- Start by applying hair gel to your wet hair. Comb your hair thoroughly to let the hair gel be evenly spread out, and once the gel has set, take about an inch to inch and a half of hair, comb press the hair close to the scalp, and move it in a waving motion to get that wavy effect.
- Repeat the same procedure all over, but make sure you use a lot of hairspray.
Up Swept Curls
This updo is one of the most elegant and sophisticated ones.
- Start by splitting your hair into two sections, a little larger and a smaller. The larger section should include hair from the sides and front, while the smaller should include hair at the back.
- With the larger section, smooth out the front section and tie a ponytail taking the back section of the hair towards the ponytail.
- Twist the back section of hair around the base of the pony, and use bobby pins to secure it.
- Curl the pony into either a lot of small ringlets or soft curls with a curling iron.
If you have short hair and are worried that there are no options for short hair, which will give you an elegant look. A great option for girls with short hair is a low bun, which gives a refined look.
- Start by using a hair straightener to straighten your hair.
- Brush your hair and create a side parting, after which you can secure your hair into a ponytail.
- Twist the hair around the ponytail, and use bobby pins to secure it. One very important point is not to let the hair look frizzy, so, do not forget to apply hairspray.