Unrelenting weather conditions do little to keep your hair in healthy conditions. Be it monsoon, winter or scorching summers, extreme temperature variations always take a toll on your hair. It leaves your hair frizzy, dry and brittle, which makes them susceptible to irreparable damage. Excessive use of hair dryers, blowers, hot rollers, and perming can also lead to hair breakage. Such deplorable state of your hair can be helped, provided you put in a lot of patience and diligence. The best way of restoring your long locks with strength and vitality is by oiling them. A 30 minute hot oil treatment at home will transform your hair from dry and brittle to shiny and healthy!
Rosemary Hot Oil Recipe
Rosemary Hot Oil Recipe
- ½ cup of dried rosemary leaves
- ½ cup soybean oil
- Mix the two ingredients together and heat it up.
- Once the oil is warm enough allow the mixture sit for a while.
- Next strain out the leaves and pour the clear oil in a container.
- ½ cup soybean Oil
- 6 drops of sandalwood oil
- 6 drops of lavender oil
- 6 drops geranium oil
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Heat the mixture and let it sit for a while.
- Strain and empty in a container.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 12 curry leaves (fresh not dried)
- Begin with crushing the curry leaves.
- Mix the leaves and the oil together and heat it up.
- Once the oil is warm enough, it will absorb the essential oils from the curry leaves.
- Let the mixture sit for a while, then strain and store in an empty air tight container.
- 1 tsp castor oil
- 1 tbsp almond oil
- Mix the two ingredients in a skillet and heat it.
- Allow it to cool down and then store in a clean container.
- Oil to be applied on the scalp
- Cotton balls
- Shower cap (made of porous material)
- Bath towel
- Mild shampoo
- Honey 1 tbsp
- This is basically a process which uses massaging techniques to restore the strength in strands of your hair. It also hydrates your hair, replenishing it with luster and volume.
- To begin with, dab some oil on a cotton ball and start applying the hair oil to the roots of your hair.
- Once you have covered the scalp, use another cotton ball to apply hair oil on the strands of your hair.
- Once the entire crown is oiled, use your fingertips to massage your hair.
- Massaging is very important, as it helps in blood circulation, which in turn reduces tension (created by tying of hair), increases delivery of oxygen and nutrients to hair follicles, lessens hair loss and loosens dead cells, if any. If you can massage, ask someone to do it for you.
- To derive maximum benefits from this hair therapy you must cover your hair with a shower cap or a muslin cloth and leave it on for 30 - 45 minutes. This will allow the oil to get absorbed in your scalp and in those fragile hair strands.
- Once done, wash your hair with the mild shampoo (or the shampoo you normally use).
- Next, make a conditioner out of a liter of water and honey. Mix the two well, apply it on your hair and wash it off as you normally do.
- Do not use a blow dryer to dry your hair. Towel dry them or let them dry up naturally.
- Once they are partially dry, comb them with a wide-toothed hair brush for minimum breakage.