Everyone wants to have thick, shiny manageable hair. But most of the African-American women cannot fulfill this wish as their hair are naturally dry, frizzy and unmanageable. Due to this, many of them use many hair care products and styling tools. This frequent and excessive use of artificial products damages their hair.
Most of them go for frequent hair straightening when it comes to having a hairstyle. However, even natural curly hair look very nice and can become the crowning glory by trying out different hairdos. Instead of running behind artificial and unnatural hair, it is better to learn to play with the natural one.
Natural hairstyles are easy to maintain and less expensive. They make you look natural and intense. You must be proud of what you are endowed with. And after all curly hairdos never go out of fashion. Here are some hairdos of this type for African-American women, that certainly look gorgeous and sexy if styled properly.
- Just wash your hair with a mild smoothing shampoo and conditioner and let it dry.
- Try to avoid hair dryers as they make your hair more dry and rough. Once dried, apply a little amount of hair serum or non-sticky hair oil and make them tangle free.
- Make a low ponytail at either side of the head and your side ponytail is ready, this suits all face shapes too.
There are 2 ways to sport this hairstyle:
- You can fold the bandana and use it as a hair band or fold it in triangular shape to cover your hair.
- Tie a high ponytail with a colorful scrunchy and then tie a bandana in a hair band style. For a bad hair day, cover your hair with the bandana. This way you'll be able to hide it and also look cool.
Hairbands are available in materials like plastic, metals and elastic cloth, etc. For really thick hair, go for broad metal or elastic ones and for thin hair, experiment with the thin bands. You can also try various cloth types with some sequins and other delicate designs. These styles really look cute on teenage girls.
This hairdo looks good with long haircuts. Nothing can be more fashionable than flattering your natural long curls, as they are always the part of the trend.
- Shampoo and condition your hair. After drying, leave the long locks open and if frizzy, use hair oil or serum to soften them.
- For small curls, wash your hair at night and tie them when little wet. Next day, you will find your curls stretched straight a bit and your front hair will look viable and stylish.
- To glamourise, get your hair or some strands colored.
Get the braids done from a professional hair dresser that will last for a year. The advantage of these styles is that you will never have to comb your hair and you have to wash it only occasionally. It is like a one time investment-low upkeep hairdo and somehow looks unique and fantastic only on African people.