Hairstyles with bangs have always been popular and will be more so in the upcoming year with many celebrities and top models already sporting this style. Penelope Cruz is well-known for her fringe; this year we can see her flaunting side-swept fringe that just makes her more adorable. The other celebrities sporting this style are Kerry Washington, Sandra Bullock, Dakota Johnson, Ciara, making it a promising hairstyle of the upcoming year. Long fringe hairstyles are not for everybody. They are great for people who have an oval-shaped face or who want to camouflage a large forehead. It accentuates the eyes and brings out a person's most attractive features. Fringe hairstyles have been made popular with celebrities like Hilary Duff, Tyra Banks,Christina Ricci, Penelope Cruz and Jennifer Lopez.
Side Swept Fringe Hairstyle
If you have thick, frizzy, wavy hair, then the side-swept fringe hairstyles is just the one you need. This fringe can go with any face shape but if you have a round face then a side-swept long fringe hairstyle grazing your cheek will be perfect for you. The other popular styles are layover, wavy, funky, chic, rolling out, long or medium sides, and the braided bangs.
Here are the steps to do the basic side-swept fringe.
- For this, you need to first shampoo and condition your hair with an anti-frizz shampoo and a shine-enhancing conditioner.
- While the hair is still damp, apply a coin-sized amount of heat protecting serum onto the length of your hair to protect it from thermal styling tools.
- Brush the hair with a wide-toothed comb to remove all tangles and blow dry your hair straight with the help of a blow dryer and a paddle brush.
- Carefully create a side part and blow dry the fringe to create side-swept bangs to frame your face.
- Now, use a large-barreled curling iron to create soft and loose curls throughout your hair. Lift each curl and separate them with your fingers and arrange them over your shoulders.
- Mist hair with a hairspray to keep the hairstyle in place. This type of side fringe hairstyle is suitable for slimming a fuller face.
Edgy Fringe Hairstyle
One of the best long hairstyles with fringe that you can easily do at home is the edgy fringe hairstyle. The edgy hairstyle projects a bold look. It is easy to do and will completely transform you. The popular styles are the girl next door, seventies side, sixties feel, windswept, blockhead and the sleek fringe.
Here are the steps to do the basic edgy fringe.
- First, ask your stylist to give you bangs that are shorter in the middle and longer on the sides.
- Now shampoo and condition your hair with a shine enhancing shampoo and conditioner. Remove all tangles in hair by running a wide-toothed comb through it.
- Create a deep side part and blow dry your hair with the help of a blow dryer and a round brush.
- Carefully straighten the bangs with a ceramic iron and place them across your forehead so that it frames your face.
- The long fringes on the sides should fall straight and come up to your ears.
- Use a medium-barrel curling iron to create loose waves in your hair at the sides.
- Bring the side sections of the hair together at the back and secure it with a glittery hair pin. To finish the look, just mist your hair with hairspray.
Sophisticated Updo with Fringe
Another great long fringe hairstyle that is just right for a formal occasion is an updo. The updo opens up a myriad options for you to try, each suiting to a different occasion. You need to pick the right updo to suit your face. The popular sophisticated updos are formal, funky, curly half, long and straight, sexy, prom and long tousled.
Here are the steps to do the basic sophisticated updo with fringe.
- To get this incredibly stylish yet fresh and modern updo, all you need to do is to shampoo and condition your hair with an anti-frizz shampoo and conditioner.
- Let the hair dry naturally and when it is still damp, apply a coin sized amount of hair mousse.
- Blow dry the hair straight with a paddle brush and blow dryer to create a sleek look with lots of volume.
- When the hair is dry, take a round brush and create waves at the ends of the hair.
- Now take the curling iron and create a stylish wave with the fringes at the front of your face.
- Pull hair back into a low ponytail at the opposite side of your part and twist the hair to create a bun.
- Secure the bun with hair pins and finally spritz the hairstyle with hairspray.
- You can tuck in an updo a beautiful lily flower behind your ear for a stylish look.
Here are the steps to do the basic straight fringe hairstyle.
- For creating this hairstyle, wash and condition your hair with a smoothing shampoo and anti-frizz conditioner.
- Blow dry your hair straight with the help of a paddle brush and dryer. Apply a shine enhancing serum through your hair.
- Next, take a small two-inch section of hair from the side of your head and twist it.
- Pin it back with the help of bobby pins.
- Straighten the fringe with a flat iron and you are done! This hairstyle is ideal for an evening out.
- To add more oomph to this look, you can use bejeweled hairpins instead of bobby pins.
Fringe hairstyles are all about transforming your look without making any huge changes in your hair length. So get haircut with bangs and experiment with different fringe hairstyles.