Women's Shaggy Hairstyles for Long Hair
#1# Consider this idea if you don't want too shaggy a look.
- Simply middle part your hair, and get choppy bangs.
- Cut the hair on the sides into choppy layers.
- All the layers should be cut such that they are styled inwards.
- The edges should appear tapering.
#2# Another way is a choppy style all over.
- Get some choppy layers near the crown. Style them inwards or outwards, the way you want.
- Cut the hair at the sides, tapering in such a way that they cover the sides of the face.
- Use a razor cut for the bottom section, to get soft, wispy ends.
- Go with choppy bangs, but keep the hair strands tapering and well-separated.
It is advisable not to make this too messy, as it already takes a lot to maintain very long hair.
#1# A simple way to make a shaggy hairstyle appear good, in case of long hair, is to add the Cleopatra bangs.
- Middle part the hair.
- Cut the hair into layers on both the sides, and flip them outwards.
- Accompany this with blunt, sweeping Cleopatra bangs.
- Shiny, raven black hair looks fabulous in this style, so you can consider dyeing your hair too.
#2# You can also cut your front hair into mixed layered styles.
- Cut the front section of the hair into Cleopatra bangs.
- Cut the hair on the sides into deep, choppy layers. Style them inwards, covering the sides of your face.
- Cut the hair behind these layers into deep layers. Flip these ends outwards.
#3# Here is a fresh new style.
- Take a large front section of the hair, and cut it into long, asymmetrical bangs.
- Cut the ends into a tapering, choppy style.
- Don't give layers on the side. Keep it straight.
#1# One simple way to do this is the bohemian style.
- Simply get a few layers in your long hair. However, don't get them near the crown.
- Start cutting layers below the chin.
- Cut the hair section near the forehead into bangs. Go with Cleopatra style blunt, sweeping bangs.
#2# Another way to cut your long hair into curly, layered style.
- Add some layers near the crown, to add a lot of volume there.
- Cut the rest of the hair into layers.
- The hair should be cut such that the ends look tapering. This can be done with a razor.
- Cut the front section into sweeping side bangs.
- Let some hair strands cover the eyes in a choppy, edgy manner.
Even if you don't have curly or wavy hair, you can style it to look that way, within a few minutes. You'll need to work with a curling hair solution. Sea salt spray and a volumizing curling serum work the best. Apply the curling solution on wet hair. Scrunch it for a minute, let it dry naturally, and you will have beautiful, beach-wavy hair.
To maintain your shaggy hairstyle, it is important that you keep getting a regular trim. Otherwise, the ends will lose the sharp tapering look which gives the shag effect. So, keep getting a trim every 4-6 weeks, depending upon your hair growth.