There are many fashion enthusiasts who like to experiment with their hair and try out a wide range of hairstyles. As a result of the ever-changing fashion and hairstyling trends, there are many types of hairdos coming up for boys and girls. Each haircut has its own attributes, fashion, and use. Many people like to wear a good decent haircut during the day, to office, and flaunt a trendy hairdo at night, for partying. If you have short to medium hair, one of the best options is to wear a faux hawk.
What is a Faux Hawk?
This hairstyle is quite famous among working professionals as well as party people. It is pretty much similar to the mohawk hairstyle, with the only difference being that the hair is not cut from the sides. Generally, this hairdo is suitable for boys, but it is also sported by girls who want to look unique.
Steps to do a Faux Hawk for Girls and Boys
- The first step you need to take is to wash your hair properly. Remember that your hair should be preferably short in length, to make a good and simple faux hawk.
- Now, dry out and apply an appropriate amount of quality hair gel to your hair.
- After the gel is set, you need to style the hair upwards, just like a mohawk. However, unlike a mohawk, there is no need to trim hair from the sides. Rather, keep the hair relaxed, or style the same hair upwards.
- The top hair should be styled upwards, in a center line on the crown, which extends from the forehead till the back of the head. However, this is the extreme variant of this hairstyle.
- To know how to style a short one, for office, you can simply take a little hair on the crown and style it upwards.
For this, you wouldn't need a center hairline to be styled right up till the nape of your neck.
For Curly Hair
If you want to style a faux hawk with curly hair, it can be easy, provided the hair is suitably short. This is because curly hair tends to go out of place very often.
- You can surely style it on medium-curly hair, but you will need to use a lot of hairspray to keep the top hair in the center line.
- In order to make it on fine hair, you would simply need about two minutes.
- Girls with medium-curly hair, who want to wear this hairstyle, would have to use hair pins to keep the curly hair set in the center line. If the hair are very curly, you may need to use a flat iron to get some fineness in the hair.
There are a variety of modifications that can be done to this easy-to-make, yet trendy hairstyle. Coloring the ends of the top hair is a good choice if you want to experiment with hair color ideas. This hairdo has been worn by many celebrities and sports personalities, such as David Beckham, Christiano Ronaldo, Jude Law, and Orlando Bloom, etc.