Side bangs, also known as side fringe, look marvelous on people who wish to slim the angles of their faces. They enhance your sensual style and give a versatile look to your hairstyle. But in order to get a crisp, clean, and look-at-me bangs, you can't have a messed up haircut. It all lies in the visual appearance of your side swept bangs. Each and every strand of your hair needs to work with each other to get the perfect look. Regardless of long, medium, or short hair, you can have swept bangs. So when you do decide to get this haircut, don't get a pair of scissors and begin cutting your bangs by yourself. You will require professional help here because the hairstylist understands what type of hair texture you have, how much length you need for your hair to work with your facial appearance, and of course, the length of the side bangs.
So go ahead and make that much-needed appointment with your hairstylist, and discuss possible new haircuts for yourself. Once you two agree on a particular look, proceed with the haircut. After your hairstylist is finished cutting your hair, this is where you need to pay close attention. At the time he/she is styling your hair, mentally note down what hairstyling tools were used along with the products. You will require them when you are styling your hair and the swept bangs at home. And if you did miss out on certain steps or want to see how you need to style and manage the bangs, read the following directions properly.
Styling and Managing Long Side Swept Bangs
- Wash your hair with shampoo (recommended for your hair type) and apply conditioner. The latter keeps the strands healthy, styles them properly, manages them, and can add volume to them.
- If you have some time, let your hair dry naturally. The less heating products like hair dryer, straighteners, and curling irons you use, the better for your hair.
- Apply hair serum on damp (almost dry) hair, especially on the bangs, from a little above your roots till the ends. Use your fingers to detangle hair and use a wide-toothed comb to brush hair.
- When your hair is almost dry, take the hair dryer with a diffuser and rectangular hairbrush to style your hair. If you have naturally straight hair, then styling your hair and bangs won't be tough. Just comb your hair with the brush and style them.
- As for those who aren't blessed with silky, straight hair, use a big, round hairbrush to style the hair, except for the bangs. Part your hair towards the right or left, however you want.
- You can use a hair straighter or curling iron to style the rest of your hair. But don't follow this every time you're styling your hair. Let your hair stay natural once in a while.
- When you come to style and manage the bangs, spray some water on them so you can detangle them properly. Place the rectangular hairbrush underneath the bangs and place the hair dryer few inches away from them, on top.
- Brush the bangs out and downwards and the hair dryer will follow them accordingly. Once the bangs are styled, sweep them either left or right side (your choice) and apply a little bit of hairspray.
- Just a small spritz will work fine. Use the hairbrush to light set the hair one last time and you're done. Apply hairspray on the rest of your hair and set them properly. And now you're ready to head out the door.
These were some easy to manage side swept bangs tips. What I have learned all these years is that experimenting with your hair is good, but don't go too crazy with it. Always, always listen to your hairstylist and use the right hair care products to style your hair. A good hair day is not so difficult to achieve if you put in a little bit of effort.