When you learn how to make headbands for babies you can indeed make one to match every outfit of theirs, and create an endless variety of such headbands. Given here are the instructions to do so.
- Fabric (Cotton/Nylon)
- Measuring Tape
- Sewing Machine
- Elastic, 1/2-inch wide
- Take a piece of fabric and decide the thickness of the band you want. Remember, you have to fold the piece of fabric, so consider double the thickness of what you desire. Cut the measurement you decide.
- Cut about 24 inches of the fabric length. Fold it in half (lengthwise) and sew together the edges. After you are done sewing, turn the fabric inside out.
- Now take the elastic, and put it around your baby's head. It should be comfortable and not very tight. Cut the desired measurement with a slight margin.
- Put the elastic through the open gap of the fabric. Gather the fabric when required so that the elastic fits perfectly within the fabric.
- Next, sew the ends of the elastic, followed by the fabric.
- You can add a small bow at the center or on the left, preferably of nylon or satin ribbon. Sew/glue it over the headband, and add a pearl to the center of the bow to further enhance these hair bows for your little one.
Ways to Enhance Headbands for Babies
If you want to make flower headbands, the method is very simple. Once your headband is ready, you simply sew on to it the different artificial flowers available at craft stores on either side of the headband, or in the center, as you like. For a good effect, use a large flower.
A third option to accessorize your little girl's headband is to sew on a letter that represents her initials on the headband. Not only is it cute, it is also very unique.
Instead of a flower, you can also make a bow with different colored ribbons, or get creative by combining different ribbons to make a single bow.
Not only colors, also experiment with different prints. For instance, small polka dots are perfect for little baby girls. Also, try out patterns with simple geometric shapes.
You can experiment with the type of fabric you use to make these headbands. While cotton and nylon may be the preferred choices, you can also attempt to make these pretty accessories for babies with felt/velvet or laces of different colors. Try a multicolored headband by sewing together strips of lace and making a colorful one for your little one.