Many women craving for long, lush locks, unfortunately spend a fortune to get them. The market today is flooded with so many products promising lustrous hair, with length and volume. But treating hair with harsh chemicals in order to augment hair growth can have disastrous effects. However, there are a number of natural products, sans side effects, which provide healthy hair and also fight against common hair problems.
Growing Hair Long and Strong
When one thinks of long hair, the image of Rapunzel, the long-haired fairytale princess, comes to mind. Your hair is your ultimate accessory and you must know how to take care of it. Though growing and maintaining long hair is not easy, it's not that difficult either.
Following a proper hair care regimen will help you get healthy hair.
- In order to have long, beautiful and healthy hair, and to prevent your hair from growing weaker, make sure you trim the split ends regularly. You can trim your hair once in a month to maintain the length of your hair.
- Avoid using blow dryers, hot rollers, or curling irons on a regular basis. Instead of spiked plastic hair rollers, you can use ceramic rollers, as these are safe for your hair. If you wish to have really healthy, long hair, then using flat irons or curling irons is a strict no-no.
- Perming your hair or using harsh chemicals like peroxide should be avoided. Perming your hair can damage your hair, as the chemicals used for perming can weaken the hair, leading to hair loss. If you want to color your hair, you can use non peroxide hair colors or 100% natural henna. Henna also acts as a conditioner for the scalp. Using henna for hair growth is beneficial, as it is a natural product and has no harmful chemicals.
- If you color your hair, use a gentle shampoo and conditioner specially formulated for colored hair. Also use a hair mask or a deep conditioning treatment once in ten days, to make your hair lustrous.
- Hair is at its weakest when it is wet and tends to break easily. So instead of rubbing your hair vigorously to dry it fast, be gentle with your hair and squeeze your towel till the length of the hair. Whenever you brush your hair, using a wide toothed comb to smooth wet hair will avoid less breakage of hair.
- Whenever you sleep, braid your hair or tie it into a ponytail to avoid tangling.
Growing Long Hair Fast in a Natural Way
- In order to grow long, healthy hair eat well-balanced meals. You can also take vitamin and protein supplements.
- Massaging your scalp daily with your fingertips will increase blood circulation, in turn leading to hair growth.
- Stress makes the hair grow slower than the normal rate and can also lead to hair fall. So if you want long, healthy hair, it is advisable to reduce stress.
- Dirt and oil can clog the follicles preventing the hair to grow. So wash your hair with a daily use shampoo. Clean your combs and brushes on a regular basis, so that you don't have to comb your hair with oil and old dirt.
Growing Long Hair in a Month
There is an important function in a month's time, a prom or a wedding and you desperately want long hair. Follow these simple tips for growing hair faster.
- Massage your scalp gently with warm oil once a week. This will help your hair to grow thick and long.
- Use a good conditioner at least once in ten days. You can also use aloe vera gel for conditioning your hair as it is a natural product. Aloe vera also cools your scalp and prevents dandruff.
- Brush your hair from the roots to the tips. This method will increase blood circulation to the scalp, augmenting hair growth.
- Exercising and practicing yoga can also increase blood circulation, which is good for hair growth.
- Get a haircut or trim your hair regularly, to get healthy tips.