Falling of hair to a certain extent, about 50-100 strands in a day, is considered normal. As a part of the normal growth, new hair strands develop in place of the fallen strands.
Nevertheless, excessive hair loss or baldness is a common problem faced by today's generation. In such a case, the fallen strands do not grow back. Even if there is new growth, the fallen strands exceed the newly developed hair, resulting in the appearance of thin hair or baldness.
How to Grow Back Lost Hair?
There are many causes of hair loss, out of which aging and nutritional deficiency are the leading factors. Other reasons include hairstyles (in women), stress, dandruff, diet, medicinal side effects, and diseases that affect normal hair growth.
- Hair Grooming - Take time to properly groom your hair and massage your scalp. Gently comb them without causing any damage. Do not get into the habit of using excess hair care products as it can trigger the loss.
- Dietary Supplements - Those with vitamin or mineral deficiency can rely on nutritional and dietary supplements for overcoming the problem. Doing so will effectively help in growing hair back normally.
- Hair Products - While choosing hair care products, make sure that you opt for those that contain less chemicals. Instead select herbal hair products containing essential oils like olive oil, safflower oil, and coconut oil.
How to Grow Hair Back for Men?
Among the several sections of people, older men are at a higher risk of excessive hair loss and ultimately, baldness. This hair loss pattern is called androgenetic alopecia. Those who have a family history of baldness have a higher chance of becoming bald as compared to others.
- Head Massage - Regular head massage (especially in the bald spot) promotes blood circulation in the scalp, which in turn activates the hair follicles and triggers hair growth.
- Scalp Massage - Massaging the scalp with a good hairbrush (preferably prong-style) also promotes growth in the bald spot.
- Use Hair Massager- If you are not used to head massage and scalp massage, try using a hair massager, which is available in the market. Use this device for uniform head massaging.
- Check Medicines - If side effects of medicines are causing the problem, then consult the doctor for other alternatives. Refraining from strong medicines will help in minimizing the condition and promoting growth.
Many people wonder what to do about bald spots on their head. This condition is usually observed in men, however, women can also develop such problems. You can follow the aforementioned tips in order to get rid of this problem. However, in severe cases, it is better to consult the doctor.
How to Grow Hair Back after Chemo?
Hair loss in children and younger people are mostly associated with cancer. Over here, cancer is not the factor causing hair fall, but it is the strong chemotherapeutic drugs and radiation that impair normal hair growth.
Hair loss due to chemotherapy side effects is temporary and there are no specific ways to deal with it. Most people resume normal hair growth within 4-6 weeks after the treatment.
If you do not notice any improvement, then you can get it checked by a qualified doctor. Based on the underlying cause and type of hair loss, he/she may recommend medication and other treatment options.
Furthermore, consuming a balanced diet, abstaining from unhealthy habits, managing stress, and proper hair care are very essential for any kind of hair loss problem.
Disclaimer: This content is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.