What is the image that comes to your mind when you hear the word water nymph? A gorgeous woman walking out of the sea after a dip with her wavy hair cascading down her side, glistening with droplets of water. Her hair is the one feature that can make you stop and sigh hoping that your hair could look the same. Well, it can and very easily at that. You do not have to take a dip in the sea or even go anywhere near the beach to achieve the look that you are so hoping for. Even if you have hair that is normally lackluster, you can definitely style it so that you can flaunt this enviable look.
Getting Beach Wavy Hair
Getting beach wavy hair is something that you can achieve in a matter of minutes. For a quick version of this wavy hairstyle, wash your hair, towel dry it, comb it with a wide toothed comb, and use mousse on your hair from ends to the crown of the heat. Let your hair dry naturally, scrunching it from time to time. Do not use a hair brush on it. This is a method that you can use, if you want to achieve the look in a matter of minutes.
But, if you want something that will make your hair look better and stay on for a few hours, then use the method given below. Before you follow the steps given, it is important that you procure the things listed out here.
- Volumizing spray
- Straightening serum
- Sea salt spray
- Curling iron
- Rubber band
- Bobby pins
Once you have all the things that you need, just follow the simple steps given below in order to get the beach look that you are aiming for.
- First and foremost, it is important for you to wash your hair. Once you have washed your hair, towel dry it to remove excess water.
- Now bend your head forwards so that your hair falls in front of your face and spritz your hair with volumizing spray. Massage the product in properly.
- The next step is valid only if you have curly hair or hair that is slightly coarse in texture. If this is true for you, then you need to use a straightening serum on your hair.
- Next, brush your hair well so that any product that you have applied is spread throughout your hair. Now use the hairdryer on your hair, starting from the hair roots so that you get volume in your hair. It is important that for your hair to look like you have just made a trip to the beach, your hair be completely dry.
- Now divide your hair into three different sections. This is a matter of convenience so that you are able to work on each section without much difficulty.
- Now use a curling iron on each of the sections. Work on a single one inch section at a time. Use styling spray on your hair before you start curling it. Do not curl your hair like you would normally. Instead wrap your hair around the barrel of the curling iron but do not clip it in. Do not curl the ends as that would leave a crimp mark on the hair.
- Once you have curled the hair, roll it up and use the bobby pin to clip the hair to your scalp. Repeat the curling and pinning process with each section of the hair and alternate the direction of the curl if you can as that will make it seem more natural. Also try to make some of the curls loose and some tight.
- Once the curls are cooler, you can release the hair. Now remove the nozzle of the hair dryer and set the temperature to cool and use it on your hair. Separate out the curls to make the waves seem more natural.
- Use a sea salt spray on your hair for an added affect and so that it sets well, and there you have it, your dream look of beach wavy hair.
Now, you know that getting beach wavy hair is a simple task, you can easily try to recreate this look for yourself. You will discover that different methods work well with different women because of the differing textures of hair. Discover the method that suits you the best and you can flaunt this beautifully natural look.