The thing about doing anything artificial to your hair is that you have to look after it. So you're always vulnerable to the weather and time. - Francesca Annis
I don't think anyone can disagree with Francesca. Artificial hair products can be very harsh on your hair and leave it dull and limp. Read this article to know how homemade hair products can give you silky, shiny hair.
Different people have different types of hair. This article will give you some tips on hair care and homemade hair care products for natural hair, curly hair, and dry hair.
For Natural Hair
Given below are some amazingly simple natural hair care tips to make your (wavy or straight) hair look stunning!
- Take a cup of hot water and add half a cup of baking soda to it. Mix it till it forms a paste. Use this to shampoo your hair. Then rinse your hair thoroughly. After that, massage your hair with lemon juice for about five minutes and rinse your hair again. You'll have unbelievably soft hair.
- A cup of warm beer and a teaspoon of Jojoba oil is all you need to condition your hair naturally. Mix the beer and Jojoba oil and apply the mixture to your hair. Massage it well. Rinse your hair properly to remove the oil and then shampoo it.
- You're going to love this one! Take half cup of mayonnaise and add an avocado to it. Beat this mixture until it turns a pleasant green that resembles peppermint. Use this to shampoo your hair and feel the difference!
For Curly Hair
Sometimes, curls can become really difficult to manage and this can be really frustrating. Here are some great tips on how you can have lustrous and tangle-free curls.
- Hair oils are a great remedy for maintaining your hair. To cope with frizzy and tangly curls, use a mixture of olive oil, orange oil, and lavender oil. Olive oil is great for moisturizing. Orange oil renders luster and lavender oil is added just for its fragrance. You can also add any other oil like jasmine or tea tree, if you prefer them over lavender. Once you've mixed the three oils, heat the mixture enough so that you can apply it on your scalp without scalding it. Apply the mixture liberally to your scalp and hair. Cover your hair with a shower cap or a towel, so that it absorbs all the oils completely. You can leave it on for as long as you want. Then shampoo your hair thoroughly to remove all the oil. Your curls will be glossy and perfectly manageable.
- Another extremely easy remedy to tame frizzy hair is aloe vera. Cut off an end of a single aloe vera leaf and extract the gel from it. Apply this gel to your hair from roots to tips. Your curls will never be frizzy again.
- Honey can be used as an excellent conditioner for curly hair. Mix one teaspoon of pure honey in a cup of water. Run this mixture through your hair and let it remain for 5 to 7 minutes, so that the hair absorbs the mixture. Then rinse your hair well to remove all traces of honey. This is one of the most effective tips for curly hair.
For Dry Hair
Nothing disappoints us more than lifeless and dry hair. Use these concoctions and wave your dry hair goodbye.
- Take a quarter cup of your shampoo and add 2 teaspoons of almond oil to it. In this mixture, add 1 teaspoon of milk (dairy or coconut) and stir the mixture briskly for 5 minutes. Use this to shampoo your hair, and see the results. Your hair will feel rejuvenated. Store this mixture in the refrigerator and use it within 2 days.
- This is another effective tip for dry hair. Massage a raw egg or two (depending on the length and volume of your hair) onto your hair and scalp. Rinse it with white vinegar and wash it thoroughly. Your hair will have a sheen that others will envy!
- Take half a cup of liquid castile soap, half a cup of aloe vera gel, 2 spoons of glycerin, and half a spoon of avocado oil. Mix these ingredients in a bowl properly and put the mixture in a bottle. Shake the bottle well before using, as the oils might remain afloat. Apply this homemade shampoo right till the tips of your hair and let it remain for 2 to 3 minutes. Rinse and repeat if required.
Hope these tips for healthy hair helped you. Use them and go ahead and get yourself a naturally splendid mane.