Hair is often referred to as the crowning glory. Humans, especially women, have a natural instinct to take care of their hair. While some have naturally beautiful hair, others may not be that lucky. It is a common fact that, the type of hair, its thickness and growth rate are dependent on various factors, like genetics, nutrition, health condition, and hair care. While genetics cannot be changed, we can manage other factors and try to make the mane healthy and beautiful.
Herbs to Boost Hair Growth in Women
Hair loss has become very common in both men and women. In case of women, hair loss may occur due to various reasons, like health problems and lack of proper nutrition. Even a reduction in the estrogen level can lead to hair loss. Even though, various commercial products are available in the market, for remedying hair loss and for promoting hair growth; herbs are very much in demand, especially among women. Here is a list of herbs that are found to be effective for promoting hair growth in women.
- Henna is commonly used by women for hair care. It has been used throughout the centuries, and is said to stimulate hair growth and prevent female hair loss. It is also used for hair dyeing and is a natural alternative for commercial hair colors.
- Oil massage is said to be very effective for boosting hair growth. Coconut oil and olive oil are the most commonly used massage oils for hair. These oils are also effective as natural hair conditioners.
- Green tea has some properties that promote hair growth in women. According to some studies, consumption of green tea helps to reduce the level of testosterone in the blood stream of women, thereby reducing the rate of hair fall.
- Aloe vera is also one among the most popular herbs for hair growth. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Usually, aloe vera gel is applied on the scalp as well as hair, so that the pH balance and moisture of the hair is restored. Apart from being a good hair conditioner, this gel is also useful for stimulating hair growth and prevent hair loss.
- Another female hair loss remedy is ginkgo biloba, which increases the blood circulation to the skin as well as the brain. It is believed that, the hair follicles receive more nutrition, as the rate of blood circulation increases. This results in healthy and strong hair.
- Saw palmetto is another herbal remedy for hair growth in women as well as men. However, there are some speculations regarding the safety of this herb.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.