A haircut just looks incomplete without bangs. Add bangs to any hairstyle, and it will look stylish. Don't believe me? Just compare various hairstyles with and without bangs, you will notice that all the hairstyles with bangs stand out better, because they tend to bring attention to one's eyes. Here are short, medium, and long hairstyle ideas with pictures.
Hairstyles for Women
- Pixie Cuts: Pixie cut is very popular through out this season. Many women prefer this style due to its low maintenance. It suits all face types. For the pixie cut, the hair on sides and back are cut in short crops, with front hair styled into bangs.
- Bob Hairstyle: Women look great in bob. Inverted bob, stacked bob, choppy bob or layered bob are in vogue this year. To get them, cut the hair at the back short near the nape of the neck, and the side hair longer, styled into bangs.
- Wispy Shag: Wispy Shag haircuts are trending heavily in the fashion industry. You can make it more stylish with wispy bangs. Make sure to blow them out after shampooing to get the desired look.
- Layered Cut: A layered cut along with thick eye-brow touching bangs looks amazing with straight or slightly wavy hair. Face-framing streaks will add beauty to the face with a slimming effect. With your haircut, get some dark lowlights done, as they give a great texture to the hair.
- Blunt: For long hair, haircut with blunt bangs is very trendy. Cutting the front hair into Cleopatra style blunt bangs, or with blunt side bangs is in fashion. Cleopatra style bangs give an edgy bohemian look while blunt bangs give a cute yet stylish look.
- Curls & Waves: Getting layered hairstyles with side swept choppy bangs on long wavy hair is a a stylish way to replace simple straight cuts. Cut the crown hair into layers, and the bottom hair in a tapering style.
Hairstyles for Men
- Short Wavy with Skin Fade: Men can go with short wavy layered hairstyles and skin fade with side sweeping bangs, or with a base haircut, and tousle the hair in such a way to create bangs.
- Spiky Hairdos: Spiky Hairdos for men are quite popular too. Choose a base haircut like buzz, crew cut, etc. Then use extra hold gel on damp hair and tousle them.
- Shaggy: This year shaggy hairstyles are popular among men. So, if you have a wavy or curly hair type then let the hair grow a bit longer. Then get a few layers and bangs. This will make the hair look stylish.
- Sleek Hairstyles: Men with straight hair prefer to go for some sleek styles. For this, get layers in your hair such a way that the hair falls tapering at the nape of neck and in front of the ears; and cut the bangs in such a way that they look sleek and not bulky.
- Wavy Long Locks: Men generally don't keep their hair long. But wavy long locks is an emerging style among men this year. This haircut is suitable for men with thick locks. A layered shoulder cut styled upwards and frontwards to create bangs looks perfectly stylish and versatile. A bit of gel can be applied to keep the curls sleek and manageable.
While selecting a hairstyle, make sure you pick a haircut which suits your face shape, hair type and lifestyle. So, understand your face shape and then get a haircut accordingly, also choose a hairstyle which suits your hair type which is curly, wavy or straight. Select a low on maintenance style like a short haircut, if you have a hectic life. But, if you can spend some minutes styling your hair then go for a nice long or medium style.