This season, styling your hair big and huge with volume is very in. As the trends for innovative hairstyles keep changing, there are some styles that always make a comeback. Giving suitable volume to your hair not only changes your appearance, but also gives your self-esteem a boost.
Adding Volume to ...
No matter what your hair type is, curly or straight, both the techniques mentioned below will give you steps on how to increase hair volume efficiently. Although, using hair dryers and flat irons are not beneficial for proper hair care, we have tried to limit its usage.
- Begin with a regular shampoo and conditioner to wash your hair.
- Towel dry them, and apply some heat prevention product all over your hair. Make sure you don't leave out the ends.
- On the palm of your hand, squeeze out a quarter-sized dollop of hair straightening cream. Rub both hands together, and evenly massage it all through your hair.
- Use your fingers to comb through the hair as you use a blow dryer to remove the excess dampness. Make sure that the blow dryer is on a low setting.
- Part your hair in 3 equal sections―2 sections on each side and 1 section at the back. Secure the sections on the sides with clips.
- Hold the unclipped section, and take out a small amount of hair from it to straighten.
- Use a round brush, place it at the roots, and gently comb the brush through your hair till the ends. Follow with the blow dryer as you do so.
- Bring your hair away from your head to stretch and straighten it. Place the brush under your hair so that the top is exposed to the heat from the blow dryer.
- Once the section of hair is almost dry, bring the brush on the top.
- Don't tug or pull too harshly on your hair while straightening it. This way you won't break a lot of hair from the roots and the texture of the hair will be even.
- Move to different sections of hair, and straighten them in small portions. Follow the same steps for the other 2 sections of hair which were clipped.
- Now we could have used a flat iron to do this, but then there won't be the same amount of volume in your hair. A blow dryer is much more effective at this time.
- Begin with a regular shampoo and conditioner which are specifically made to add volume.
- If you have naturally straight or slightly wavy hair, then get some curlers or curling iron. An iron will add waves to your hair but won't make it curly. So, let's just stick to the curlers.
- When your hair is still wet, put the curlers in. After the hair are perfectly set in the curlers, lightly spray your hair with hairspray.
- Try to avoid using too much of hair spray, as we don't want your hair to look stiff. Apply just enough to keep the curls intact.
- Take the curlers out of your hair once they dry. At this moment, the curls may not look how you anticipated. So, lightly brush them to make it look more natural.
- Move a wide-bristled brush upwards to add more volume to the curls. Don't brush them downwards too much because all you will get is limp hair.
- Hold a section of your hair, bring them slightly up, and point a blow dryer upward. This will raise the roots slightly higher, and making the hair look fuller.