Though curly hair have quintessentially held a boho image, wearing it takes a lot of grit and gumption. So, if you lack this kind of a courage, there is a way to treat those extremely stubborn locks too. To help women with woes of curly hair, using 'hair relaxers' is the perfect invention.
Hair Treatment at Home
Hair relaxing treatment is used to straighten out the curls in your hair. If you have any weak or damaged hair at the end, cut them out. Do not cheat yourself by trimming less. This will worsen the condition for you. Go through a deep conditioning treatment after trimming for healthy hair.
While buying a hair relaxer, buy the one which suits your hair and skin. As mentioned earlier, these relaxers use a lot of chemicals, so you need to ponder on its quality and quantity as well. The best thing would be to consult a beautician while buying a hair relaxer. Apply Vaseline or petroleum jelly or hair oil around your hairline to prevent any burns.
To begin with the treatment, part your hair in smaller sections and apply the relaxer in strokes front to back. The box will give you the exact directions to use the relaxer. Stick to it, instead of experimenting something on your own. Once done, shampoo your hair and condition it well. Towel dry your hair and apply a leave-in conditioner for best results.
Aftercare is equally important. Here are some tips and tricks about taking care of relaxed African hair.
- Never relax your hair immediately after new hair growth. This damages the hair and the scalp too.
- Wash your hair as often as 4-7 days to keep them clean, and away from dirt and grime. Once a week deep conditioning will also help you maintain healthy hair.
- Avoid using heat on your hair as far as possible. Heat can cause irreparable damage.
- Never use oil on relaxed hair as it does not moisturize. It only protects the cuticle layer and prevents moisture loss.
- Every time you wash your hair, make sure you use a leave-in conditioner for your hair. This will keep them a little less tangled.