Hair is considered to be an asset which enhances the way one looks. Hence, most people spend a lot of time, as well as money by trying out different styles on their hair. However, what most people do not realize is, that styling hair too often can actually damage the hair, by making it dry and coarse.
Although using heat styling implements as well as hot dryers are one of the major reasons of having dry hair, there are also many other factors that can cause this. One very common reason for dry hair is because of its exposure to atmospheric pollution as well as the sun's UV rays.
Apart from this, using hair products which are made of harsh chemicals is also considered to be one such reason that causes your hair to become dry. Hence, it would be best to use homemade hair packs. Coming here are some hair pack recipes for your hair.
Natural Hair Packs
Although there are many hair packs available in the market for dry and rough hair, one cannot actually rely on the ingredients used in them. Moreover, these hair packs are actually very expensive, and not everyone may be able to use them on a regular basis. But worry not as homemade hair packs will come to your rescue.
The best thing about these hair packs is that as you are making them on your own, and hence, you know what exactly you are applying on your hair. Also, you will be using the ingredients that you already have at home, which also means no spending! With this note, let us take a look at recipes for making hair packs.
- Take ½ cup of coconut or olive oil in a container and add 4 crushed almonds to it.
- Place the container on the stove and heat it on a medium flame.
- Take off the container from the flame after a few minutes and allow it to cool a little, however, make sure that it is still a little warm.
- Pour the warm oil into your scalp and gently massage your hair with your fingertips. You must see to it that the entire scalp, roots as well as tips are coated with oil.
- Once this is done, take a dry towel and submerge it in hot water.
- Squeeze off the excess water and wrap it on your head. When the towel becomes cool, repeat the procedure for 2-3 times or for half an hour.
- After the set time, you can shampoo as well as condition your hair as usual.
- Take ½ cup of honey and pour it on your hair.
- If you have very long hair, you are most likely to require more honey.
- Once you have applied the honey, gently massage it on your entire hair.
- When you think that your hair is fully coated, cover your hair with a shower cap or a sarong.
- Allow the honey to soak your hair for 15-20 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm or cold water.
- You will definitely notice that your dry hair has become smooth and silky.
Treatment using ripe bananas
Another great homemade hair pack for treatment of dry hair can be made with ripe bananas.
- Take two ripe bananas and mash them completely.
- Take ½ cup beaten yogurt and add it to the mashed bananas.
- Apply this mixture to the entire hair and tie your hair together.
- Wait for 15 minutes after application and then, wash your hair as usual with a good shampoo. This remedy will help in improving the texture of your hair greatly.
Hair pack of egg, lemon, and oil
- Apart from these home remedies for dry hair, there is another hair pack which you can make with an egg.
- Take one beaten egg in a bowl and add a juice of one lemon as well as teaspoon of olive oil or coconut oil to it.
- Massage this mixture on your hair and wrap it with a moist towel for an hour or so.
- After one hour, rinse your hair with a mixture of lime juice and warm water.
These are some solutions to cure dry hair problem. Other than this, people also use henna to get rid of their dry or rough hair. So, pick any of these homemade hair pack and convert your dry hair to silky, soft hair that looks gorgeous.