Pros of Hair Extensions
You don't have to wait for days to have a beautiful hairdo because with hair extensions you don't need to don the same boring, monotonous look for every occasion, you can instantly have a new look whenever there's a party to attend.
Hair extensions provide a wide range of pros
- Clip-in and sew-in hair extensions are the cheapest, ranging from $60 to $100 if you do it at home. They can easily be removed without any damage.
- Instant change of style.
- Stay for a long time. You can go for a swim or shower without removing them.
- Fusion Hair extensions give volume to hair. Works well for short hair.
- These extensions provide variety of hairstyles.
- Fusion Hair extensions last longer than other types (up to 3 months).
If you consider versatility, you can overlook all the pros and cons. Hair extensions are available in wide range of colors, length and textures. Those with plain hair can opt for curls and vice versa. Also, you can try new hairstyles that are impossible with your original hair. Those who are not sure about a hair color, they can try it with hair extensions.
Cons of Hair Extensions
- Though our scalp easily carries the weight of our hair, it might take time to adjust to the added weight.
- Tight braiding done while attaching hair extensions can cause hair to be pulled at the scalp causing breakage of natural hair.
- The glue used can also lead to scalp burning. Dandruff and scalp irritation is also possible if natural oils get trapped in the braids.
So, you will be investing a lot if you don't want to damage your natural hair. Moreover, this will not be a permanent thing. So why not try some fashionable haircut and styling your natural hair. It will also last for a longer duration and the hair care required will be considerably less.
Just to give you an abstract:
- Major drawback of clip-in hair extension is that it comes off easily while swimming or bathing.
- The clips are visible if one ties their hair too high.
- Sew-in extensions need constant brushing else the hair may get tangled.
- Hair thin down if brushed roughly.
- Fusion hair extensions are costly and at times have the tendency to fall out.
- Since a metal bead is attached to your scalp, the fusion hair extensions are almost impossible to brush.
- Hair loss.
- The glue-in hair extensions lead to weakening of the hair shaft.
- Most of these hair extensions take hours to apply depending on the amount and length of the extensions.
These points will help you decide whether to opt for extensions or style your natural hair in other ways. You must learn about how to care for hair extensions from the hair dresser if you choose to have them attached to prevent hair loss. Though there are many pros and cons of this, fashion lovers will use them as the best way to experiment with their looks.