Hair Coloring and Highlighting Ideas That Never Go Out of Style
Oct 28, 2018
Hair coloring and highlighting can add a new dimension to your personality and skin tone. Hair care and maintenance is needed after getting your hair colored or highlighted. Use hair care products that are specifically formulated for colored hair. So, flaunt your new look by hair coloring and highlighting.
Whether you're bored of your natural hair color, want to get rid of gray hair, or just want to change your look to keep up with the latest trends, hair coloring and highlighting are great options.
It can enhance and unveil your natural facial features and assets. Highlighting hair is now a common trend and there are various kinds of hair highlights done to complement different seasons, fashion trends, haircut styles, and complexions. You can achieve a trendy, funky or even a younger look with different coloring and highlighting ideas.
Hair Coloring Ideas
Hair coloring is the quickest and easiest way to obtain a whole new look. With the variety of hair colors that are now available, finding one that can give you the desired look would not be difficult.
You can get some hair coloring advice from your hairstylist who could suggest the right color for your hair. If you are experimenting for the first time, use a temporary hair color and if you are absolutely sure about the color, go for permanent hair colors that last for a considerably long time.
• Consider coloring your hair in any shade of gold or go in for a blonde look in the summers, to complement the season. You can also try frosted colors that add a touch of glamor to your hairstyle.
• For those who are really keen on experimenting with colors, try getting your hair colored in funky and unnatural colors like blue, green, purple or red. Do it only if your sure you that you can carry it off well.
• If you are looking for a dramatic change in your look, choose a hair color that is exactly the opposite of your natural hair color.
• Those looking to achieve a bold look, red is the color you should go for. A single shade of red can give you the desired look.
• Coloring only bangs or hair tips is another way of obtaining a trendy look. Choose a combination of colors like red and gold, red and green, gold and purple or blue and gray.
• To cover gray hair, choose colors like brown or burgundy or even black.
• You can color your hair with two different colors that are shades of the same color. Color the upper half with one shade and the lower half with the other. This can be done with those having long hairstyles.
• Those with blonde hair color can choose darker shades, but if you choose black, you may not be able to get back the blonde hair color.
Hair Highlighting Ideas
There are colors ranging from brown, gold, orange, pink, blonde, red, green, and purple. Highlights suit everyone from teenagers to the middle-aged.
• The latest trend in hair highlighting is 'Face Framing' wherein highlights are placed around the face. This style gives you a layered look just around eyes and face.
• Those with darker hair can go for honey-toned blonde, platinum blonde, gold highlights, or orange highlights.
• You can use a combination of contrasting unnatural colors to highlight hair with bold streaks.
• Those with blonde hair color, can opt for colors like pink, mulberry or neon orange.
• Pink highlights or having only your ponytail highlighted with different colors is ideal for those looking for a funky highlighted look.
• You can also have both, highlights as well as lowlights of two different colors or shades of the same color.
• To cover gray hair, consider getting hair highlights of shades that are close to your natural hair color.