While choosing a hair color, you should choose only the best. L'Oreal Paris, Clairol, Garnier, Organic Color Systems, and Matrix are presently the top 5 most popular hair color brands of the world. If you have a sensitive scalp, it is advised that you consult your dermatologist before choosing any hair color. Another important aspect that you should keep in your mind while using a hair color is to forecast whether it is going to suit your skin tone and eye color.
Trending Ways to Color Your Hair
Highlighting basically involves coloring a few strands of hair in one of the regions of the head different from the rest. Suitable highlights can be used on any particular natural hair color or even on colored hair. Using highlights of two different colors or two to three shades of the same color, for various regions of the head is recommended considering the upcoming hair coloring trends.
Lowlights are the opposite of hair highlights. Hair highlighting is done over hair sections, while lowlighting is done near the base of the hair. Have you observed celebs with blonde hair, who have some dark hair color near their scalp? Those are lowlights. If you have short hair then instead of highlights, consider going for lowlights.
Coloring your hair in the ombre way involves the hair being darker towards their roots and the color gets lighter as you move away from them. Brunette to blonde ombre will trend in the coming year, 2018. Silver hair ombre would look great if your skin tone is inclined more towards the darker side. Black cherry red ombre would suit longe hair. Dark haired people can try an ombre of ash brown color.
Hair contouring is a technique which basically involves coloring your hair in such a manner that it will suit your face cut. The coloring has to be done in such a way that it will improve the overall beauty of your face. In hair contouring, the hair underneath are colored in such a way that they appear thicker using a darker shade. An effort is made to add more depth to the hair around the face. The slightest change in shade has a great impact on the way your face looks.
It is a sun kissed hair color that children have naturally. Balayage is a French method of giving a soft, natural look to your hair. Partial balayage is going to be the trend setter for 2018 and colors like caramel and rose gold will be in fashion. Balayage looks great on both short as well as long hair. There are several other colors that you can choose from. You just need to select a color that is perfect for you. A balayage can be done alongside contouring.
Ashes and Mattes
Such colors usually look great in lighter shades rather than the darker ones. Ash brown color looks great on medium length curly hair. Ash golden color suits long curly hair and the more obvious colors like red and purple suits short matted hair. Moreover, they go extremely well with almost all kinds of skin tones.
Trending Hair Colors
Following are a few hair colors that will be trending in 2018:
- French Brown
- Cool Brown
Trending Colors for Highlighting
Some colors trending for hair highlights are:
- Warm Brown Highlighting
- Purple Highlights
- Copper Highlights
- Blue Highlights
- Pink Highlights
Some Important Tips :
- If you are not sure how your skin is going to react to hair colors, or the scalp is sensitive, it is always better to consult a dermatologist before using any hair color.
- Get your hair cut first and then go for hair coloring, to add more style to your hair.
- Make sure you study the hair color wheel properly, before you go for any hair coloring ideas, so that you can decide which color or shades are right for you.
- Always consider whether a particular hair color will suit you rather than simply opting for the ones that're trending.
- The color you choose should make you happy. Only then will you look more confident about the personality that you carry.
- If you are not confident about choosing a hair color that will suit you, just go for subtle streaks of a hair color which is two to three shades lighter than your base color, and you will never go wrong.
- If you have short hair then instead of highlights, consider going for lowlights.
- If you want a more textured look, and a touch of color to it without overdoing it, then go with 2-3 shades of hair color.
- If you don't want to go with the subtle hair color styles, then try something funky.
- After you are done dyeing your hair, start using moisturizing shampoos and conditioners containing biotin and Vitamin A.
These are the most popular trends for hair coloring. No matter what your complexion, just go for subtle streaks of a hair color shade which is two to three shades lighter than your base hair color, and you will never go wrong. Or you can pick any other hair color shade that goes with your complexion and eye color, and get loads of skinny streaks all over your hair, to get a beautiful textured hair look.
Make sure you study the hair color wheel properly, before you go for any hair coloring ideas, so that you can decide which color or shades are right for you. Get your hair cut into a trendy layered cut, then go for hair coloring, to add more style to your hair.