Imagine a situation where you dye your hair burgundy, and it turns out to be a disaster. It can be a huge embarrassment. But don't worry, that is not the end of it. You can still correct the condition and get the look you wanted.
How to Correct Hair Color
- Use baking soda for washing your hair, which is colored too dark or bright. Make a solution of equal amounts of baking soda and water, and apply it on the hair, along with your shampoo. Leave it on for around ten minutes. After that, rinse with hot water mixed with baking soda (2:1). The temperature of the water must be within the tolerable levels. This is a common and popular remedy to fade hair dye, and is endorsed by the salons as well.
- Use a good shampoo-conditioner with anti-dandruff properties. Wash your hair more than once. For best results, leave the shampoo on your hair for some time.
- If both these solutions fail, go to a drug store and buy a kit to remove the hair color. Follow the instructions while using the product.
- Bleached hair has no color to be removed. If your hair becomes too brassy or light, you have to add some color to correct the condition.
- So deepen your hair color or decrease the brassiness by applying natural glazes, like black tea, coffee or unsweetened cocoa.
- For the cocoa concoction, mix cocoa and yogurt; and make a thick paste. Apply it uniformly, and rinse the hair using a shampoo. This should be repeated at least three times.
- Here is an illustration of how you can soften a deeper and a darker color. Apply light ash blonde for lightening or softening a bright or deep shade of red. Using a hair mousse which serves the purpose of removal of brassy red tones will be beneficial.
If you want a lighter shade, apply extra hot virgin olive oil or any other hot oil. Applying heat is the best way to get rid of chemical colors. On the contrary, if you feel that the hair is too light for your taste, just darken the tinge by using a semi-permanent color. But keep in mind that it should be two shades darker to the original one. For lightening the color, wash your hair with a good clarifying shampoo.
Correcting hair color is not a major hassle, but it can be a difficult task in case of red and other darker shades. If you want funky shades, you can always go for coloring, but take proper precautions.