A hair in the head is worth two in the brush. ~ Oliver Herford
Hair now, gone tomorrow...that's one of the worst nightmares that anyone with any amount of hair on their heads can have! No matter how busy life may have become for most of us today, we still manage to find ourselves stealing a few brief moments to catch a glance of ourselves in the car's rear view mirror or the looking glass in the restroom to run our fingers through our hair or push those stray locks behind the ears. No matter how much we are aware of the transient nature of youth and beauty, we humans find ourselves helplessly compelled to stroke our vanity every now and then. We can't help it - it makes us feel good about ourselves, even if the feeling lasts for a few fleeting seconds!
So, when it comes to preserve and nourish our hair, which is one of the most significant paraphernalia of our vanity, we can go to any length, try just about anything, to make sure that mane stays intact even after youth steps aside to make way for senescence! That brings us to the subject of grape seed extract for hair. How good is it in making hair healthier and preventing hair loss? How does it work to promote health and growth of hair on the head? The following segment answers these queries and discusses the various beneficial aspects of grape seed extract for hair growth and health.
Grape Seed Extract Benefits for Hair
- Extracts of grape seed are a superfluous reservoir of natural antioxidants such as Vitamin E, flavonoids, proanthocyanidin and linoleic acid. These antioxidant agents protect the filamentous tissues of hair and skin from all kinds of pollutants and heal the oxidant effects of free radicals to impart health and repair damage.
- The antioxidants contained in grape seeds are highly active and are potent in correcting deficiencies of the body's immune system. This leads to fortification of living tissues and overall health and well-being.
- As we all know, inner health is reflected by the health and appearance of our skin and hair. Therefore, an overall healthy body with better cellular regenerative powers and stronger immunity directly lead to healthy, lustrous hair that is thick, strong and damage free.
- When topically applied to the scalp, herbal preparations containing extracts of grape seeds help fight inflammations and infections due to the antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of grape seeds. This means that it is effective in arresting dandruff and dermal inflammation of the scalp, making it cleaner and healthier which makes the scalp environment more conducive to hair growth.
- By improving cerebral circulation, benefit of grape seed extract for hair loss becomes quite pronounced as improved blood circulation nourishes hair roots, thereby encouraging hair growth. Also, stronger hair roots mean lesser incidence and intensity of hair fall.
- Taken in the form of oral supplements, grape seed extract does a lot for you, besides, improves the health and look of your mane. It slows down the aging process of the body and the mind.
- Being a potent antioxidant, it makes the immune system stronger, thereby increasing your resistance to diseases and infections.
- This also speeds up the repairing process of the cells, giving you a more youthful appearance and an overall invigorated feel. Your mind becomes more alert and active and studies have shown extracts of grape seed to improve the mnemonic and retentive capabilities of the brain.
- Also, by inhibiting the action of those enzymes that activate histamines inside the body, grape seed enzymes makes you less prone to allergies and help you cope with existing allergies in a better way.
So, as we can see, rather than treat the hair related issues on a topical level, grape seed nutrients goes deep to correct the core deficiencies and imparts health from within which is merely reflected by a healthy head of hair and glowing skin. Grape seed oil for hair is also often recommended to treat adverse scalp conditions such as dandruff and various microbial infections of the scalp that lead to hair fall and damage to hair follicles. Once these conditions are arrested, a growth spurt follows when the ground for such growth - the scalp - becomes cleaned of impurities, thus, becoming fertile. So, basically, grape seed extract tackles the core health problems of which hair fall is just a symptom. Also, by protecting hair follicles from external pollutants and free radicals, it keeps the strands from splitting and getting rough.