Your hair is wavy because of your genetic make-up. Frizzy wavy hair is due to a major factor. This is the lack of natural oils and moisture in your hair. There are various other factors that can take away oils and moisture from it. These are insufficient oiling of the hair, excessive use of hair care products like shampoos, hair styling gels, and exposure to extreme cold or hot temperatures, strong wind, etc. Malnutrition can also be a cause of frizzy wavy hair.
Frizzy Wavy Hair Styles
Care for frizzy hair begins with a suitable hair style. The cut of your hair should not only suit your personality but also your hair type. For frizzy hair, the length of the hair should be at least till shoulders, and never above it. The reason is that wavy hair needs length to weigh heavy at the bottom. If your hair is cut in layers, you will be able to palliate some of the fullness.
Frizzy Wavy Hair Products
Nowadays, the market is flooded with shampoos, conditioners, and other hair care products specifically designed for different hair types. Find a shampoo and conditioner, which is meant for deep conditioning and hydrating the hair. Once you start using hair care products suitable for your hair type, half the task of caring for frizzy wavy hair is accomplished.
On some special occasions, straightening the frizzy curly hair will be advisable, as it will not only be more manageable but will also make you look gorgeous. If you know about this tip already but are wondering how to straighten frizzy hair without causing any damage to it with the flat iron, then here is a suggestion. Cover each and every strand of your hair with a good quality smoothening serum before straightening it with a hot flat iron.
- Frizzy wavy hair needs extra moisturizing. Therefore, choose shampoos and conditioners that are specifically formulated for smoothing, moisturizing, and hydrating the hair.
- Do not wash your hair more than twice a week even with a shampoo described as above. Apply a suitable conditioner afterward. Follow the usage directions given on the conditioner pack.
- Take 3 - 4 teaspoons of olive or coconut oil in a small bowl and warm it. Apply it on your hair from roots to tip by massaging the scalp with the help of your fingers for about 5 minutes.
- You may wrap a wet, warm towel around your hair to allow better penetration. Do it at night to get the best possible results. You may wash it the next morning.
- Take a cup of milk and add the white part of an egg. Mix it well, apply it all over your hair, and leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash your hair well with plenty of water and a mild shampoo meant for your hair type.
- Never dry your wet hair with the help of a blow dryer, as it tends to over dry the hair. Instead, always air dry your hair. This will bring a natural shine and softness to your hair.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated water, as it will increase the frizziness and waviness of your hair. If you have to swim, then wear a head cap for protecting your hair from the ill-effects of swimming pool water.
- Stay away from extreme temperatures, strong wind, hair styling equipment and products. This will make a big difference in making frizzy hair conditioned and manageable.
- Excessive exposure to the sun is dangerous for health, and thus the appearance of frizzy wavy hair. Try to always apply a quality hair sunscreen before going out in sun.
- To reduce the frizziness and waviness of your hair, you should apply a hair mask made of heena and eggs once in 15 days.
- Apply coconut milk to your frizzy hair, and allow it to stay for about an hour. Rinse your hair well with water. You may use a mild shampoo for removing greasiness. Do it once a week to treat rough, frizzy hair.
In addition to following the above mentioned tips on frizzy wavy hair care, you need to eat healthy. In fact, your diet should have all the nutrients that are necessary for the sound health of your hair. These are zinc, fatty acids, and proteins. The foods rich in these nutrients are fish, beans, meat, and eggs. Follow a healthy diet religiously to get smooth, shining, well-conditioned hair out of your frizzy hair. Be prepared to handle all the attention and appreciation!