- Wet your hair using plain water, because your hair will braid tighter if it is wet. It will also be easy for you to twist and turn your hair.
- Make a partition by using a comb. Stand in front of the mirror and draw a line on your scalp till the back of the nape in alignment with the nose.
- Comb the hair downwards on each side. Now, tie left side of hair with a rubber band so that it does not get mixed up with that on other side.
- You need to work on each side separately.
- Comb the hair right side of hair with a wide toothed comb.
- Brush the hair backwards with a fine toothed comb.
- Take some strands of hair from the front. Divide it in three sections of equal width. Let's name them as right, middle and left.
- Hold these three sections of hair near the center of your head with the help of your fingers of both the hands.
- Move the left section over the middle one. Now, the left section has come in the middle and the middle at the left side.
- Move the right section of hair over the middle section, which is originally the left section of hair.
- This completes one braid. Hold it tight.
- You have a section of hair on the right, middle and left sides.
- Leave the one present on the left side and let it mix with the rest of the hair.
- Pick some new hair of equal width to make a new left section.
- Make a new right section of hair of equal width as suggested for the left section of hair.
- Keep moving on in this manner till your reach the back of your nape.
- At this point, you have to make a choice. Either you can tie a rubber band at the end of the french braid and let your hair loose or make regular braids on your hair. However, the latter is possible only when your hair is long.
French braid pigtails are ideal when you are having a bad hair day. It involves your frizzy, unruly, or oily hair in such a way that a gorgeous look is created on your mane. You look simply gorgeous and elegant with it. Thus, do try your hands at it and practice regularly to attain expertise.