This hairstyle is mostly worn by punk rock enthusiasts and is especially famous among teenagers and young people. There are many celebrities who have also added up to the fame of Mohawks. A majority of the young people prefer to color this hairdo in red, pink, green, purple, blue or any other vibrant shade.
In a few cases, you might need to trim the hair a bit. The main advantage is that you can sport a faux hawk without cutting the hair very short, so you need not wait to let it grow back again for wearing a different hairstyle. This hairstyle was previously sported only by men, but looking at the advantages, women too are sporting it now.
How to Style a Faux Hawk
- Wash your hair thoroughly and let it dry completely. Drying it well will allow the hairstyling gel to hold hair properly.
- According to the hair length, take considerable amount of gel and apply it.
- Shape the top hair into a peak.
- After styling, use a hairspray to prevent the hair from falling flat.
- Set the hair on the sides in downward direction.