Olive oil is not only used for culinary purposes, it also has several other uses as well. Extra virgin olive oil can be used to address problems of the skin and hair. Using this oil for hair oil has many advantages as it nourishes the scalp and takes care of the hair. Apart from this, there are several other uses for olive oil, regarding the common problems of hair. You can reap numerous benefits by applying extra virgin olive oil for hair.
Benefits of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
There are a number of benefits of using extra virgin olive oil for your hair. You can keep a number of hair problems at bay with the regular use of olive oil.
- Using olive oil for hair growth is an excellent remedy for growing a head of healthy hair. A thorough massage of olive oil on the scalp will improve blood circulation and stimulate the hair follicles.
- Olive oil strengthens the hair follicles and provides better anchorage for the hair roots, preventing their fall. Thus olive oil for hair loss is an excellent measure.
- You can get rid of dandruff by massaging extra virgin olive oil in the scalp. This will help lock moisture in the scalp and prevent its drying, thus reducing the flakes.
- Annoyed with your frizzy, unmanageable hair? The solution - extra virgin olive oil. Yes, olive oil is known to reduce the frizziness of the hair and tame it down considerably. The next time you comb your hair, add a few drops of olive oil in your brush. Run this through your hair and style it any way you desire.
- Olive oil hair treatment helps reducing split ends. During the winter, hair gets terribly dry, due to less moisture. Applying a few drops of olive oil to the scalp locks the moisture and makes the hair looks more lustrous.
- For that extra soft hair, from which you can't keep your hands off, massage your hair with olive oil. This provides deep root conditioning and makes hair silky soft. Once a week olive oil massage will work wonders and the effect will stay for a longer period, unlike the artificial conditioners available in the market. Believe me you won't be able to resist the temptation of running fingers through your hair every moment.
Directions for Applying Extra Virgin Olive Oil
If you are planning to treat your hair with olive oil and don't know the procedure, then follow these simple instructions on how to use olive oil in hair.
- Warm the required amount of olive oil in a bowl for about 5 to 10 minutes. You can warm the olive oil in the microwave or on a burner.
- With a spoon pour the olive oil on your palm and apply it to the scalp using your fingertips. Massage the scalp with extra virgin olive oil using circular motion. Repeat this procedure till you have covered the entire head.
- Tie your hair loosely into a bun and cover it with a shower cap. Allow the oil to seep into your scalp for about half an hour. The longer you let the oil stay, the better effect it has on the hair and scalp. You can even wrap your hair in a steaming towel for better results.
- Rinse off the oil using a mild shampoo and condition your hair. Your hair will feel soft to touch and be more manageable.
- You can also use extra virgin olive oil as a conditioner. Shampoo your hair and apply a mixture of olive oil and water thoroughly. Rinse off after a few minutes and notice the sheen you have never seen before. Your hair will also improve in strength.
Regular use of olive oil for the hair and following a proper hair care regimen will keep away hair and scalp problems. You can now bid farewell to hair problems with the regular use of this essential oil.