If you have medium-length hair, you can style it in a variety of ways. When you want to transform the way you look, then the best way to do it is to change your hairstyle.
Whether you have thick or thin hair, there will always be a hairstyle that will suit you perfectly.
There are many cool medium hairstyles for girls. They are not too difficult to style; here are some very easy ones.
Poof Hairstyle with Ponytail
One of the best hairstyles for girls with medium hair is the front poof with a ponytail. It looks very laid back and effortless, and is also great for a casual do.
- For this, you need hair that is not freshly washed. This is because freshly washed hair is too silky, and cannot hold the style. So, it is best to work with hair that has been washed a day or two earlier.
- Take a section of hair at the front of your head, which is about two inches deep, and hold it firmly with your left hand.
- With the right hand, take a wide-toothed comb, and back comb this segment of hair by passing it quickly through your hair 8 to 10 times. Soon, you will see the hair scrunch up and become stiff.
- Repeat the same process with additional front segments of hair until you have as much hair puffed as desired.
- Secure this teased front section of hair with two to three bobby pins, making sure that they don't come out.
- Blow dry the rest of your hair, comb it with a paddle brush, and pull it into a low ponytail with a clear plastic band.
- Wrap a long strand of hair around the band, and secure with another bobby pin.
- Spritz the hairstyle with hairspray and your cool poof ponytail hairstyle is done.
The Crimp Hairstyle
Crimping works well for those with fine hair.
- First, mist your hair with a thickening spray.
- Crimp 2 inch sections of hair with the crimper attachment, starting as close to the root as possible.
- Hold the crimper in place for a few seconds. Moving down the length of hair, crimp it all, leaving out the crown area.
- When you are done, tease your crimped hair by back-combing lightly with a brush.
- Now, brush back the front section, and secure with two bobby pins or a glittery clip.
- Spritz some hairspray to add shine, and get rid of flyaways.
To get a hairstyle worthy of the red carpet, that is high in glamor, and also playful, you can try the sexy bubble pony. This is one of the medium-length bohemian styles for girls.
- Shampoo and condition your hair with a volumizing shampoo and conditioner.
- Blow dry your hair, and use paddle brush.
- Apply a good quality texturizing cream to your hair, and slick it back into a high ponytail.
- Secure it with a clear elastic band, and tease with a rattail comb to give more volume and body.
- Tie an elastic band at the center of the ponytail, and wrap another one 3 inches from the ends.
- With the rattail comb, tease hair in between the elastic bands to create the bubble shape.
- Spritz this hairdo with a hairspray so that it holds for a longer time.
These hairstyles look best with clear, bronzed skin, with smoky eye makeup, and a pale or nude lipstick. Also try out different hair accessories to give your hairstyle more oomph. Experiment with your hair, and you are sure to come out with some cool hairdos yourself.