Updos are popular as formal evening styles. French bun or simple updo are good for office. Many side braid hairstyles are worn to parties which suit well for thick hair. When braids and updos are combined, you can create more beautiful looking styles to save you from a bad hair day and look stunning for parties. Here are some easy styles of braided updos.
- Part your hair sideways or in the middle.
- Take the side hair, and form a longer braid, using two side sections and one small middle section.
- Form a larger braid, and tie it into a bun.
- Leave the rest of the hair open.
- Middle part your hair and form two French braids, using the side hair.
- Then form a longer, normal braid, using the two side sections of the hair and the remaining hair. Roll this braid into a bun.
- If you have longer hair, place the bun higher on your head.
- If you wish to soften your look, then take out few strands of the hair from the sides and curl them a bit.
To form a beautiful bun, you need wavy hair, if not then style your straight hair wavy.
- Shampoo and condition your hair. Use a curling hair mousse or a sea salt spray on your stresses. Scrunch your hair, and let it dry. This way, you will have beautiful waves in your hair.
- Now, middle part your hair, and comb with fingers, or use a wide tooth comb.
- Make a braid using the rest of the hair, and roll it near the nape of the neck.
- Secure it with a rubber band and hair pins.
- Take out a few strands from the sides to complete your look.
Micro Braid Updo
It is mostly sported by afro females. Many sea side visitors wear these too.
- Form micro braids with the front, back, and sides of your hair.
- Collect all the hair at the top of your head, and tie them into a simple bun.
- If you have long hair, collect it at the top of your head, and make a braid.
- Secure your hair into a braided bun, using rubber band and hair pins.
For fine and short hair, which don't hold any style, use this easy updo.
- Part your hair in the middle.
- Form two pigtails at the sides.
- Tie small buns with these pigtails, and secure them below the ears with rubber bands.