Using lemon juice to bleach hair or using lemon juice as hair dye is not anon method. You can get almost the same blonde hair color results that you get after spending a fortune on hair care salons. Secondly, lemon juice also doesn't have any serious side effects on your hair. You can easily put lemon juice on the hair, that too without any professional help.
In order to lighten your hair by yourself, mix freshly squeezed juice of two lemons in a cup of water. Mix it well and apply. After application, sun dry your hair completely. After drying, check for the desired results. If you are still not satisfied with them, then you might need to repeat the procedure. However, you can also try the following procedure.
- Fresh lemon juice, 1 cup
- Water, 1 cup
- Chamomile tea bag, 1
- Sea salt, 2 teaspoons
- Take a pot and place the chamomile tea bag in it. Pour a cup of boiled water over it.
- Once it cools down, add 1 cup of lemon juice and 2 teaspoons of sea salt. Mix it well and cover all your locks with it.
- If you want to highlight some strands, then carefully apply the mixture only to those strands.
- Check twice if all the desired hair strands are applied neatly.
- After proper application, sun dry your hair.
- If your hair doesn't turn into the desired color shade, then you need to repeat the same procedure.
- Lastly, wash the hair with a mild shampoo and again with a nourishing hair conditioner that suits your hair type.
Some people also prefer squeezing lemon juice directly on the hair and then let it dry in the sunlight. The procedure is pretty simple and it is also effective as an anti- dandruff treatment. However, there are a few things that you need to consider, especially the sunlight, which is a key factor in this process. You need to dye your hair on a bright and sunny day.
Hence, you might not get the suitable light conditions during winter or rainy season. Effects of lightening hair with lemon juice are only visible for the people who already bear dishwater blonde or very light brown hair color. Hence, people with dark hair colors and brunettes, need to learn bleaching hair at home with some other simple technique.
You need to maintain proper moisture levels of your hair once they are treated with the combination of lemon juice and harsh sunlight. It is the best way to maintain the health and shine of your mane. All the best!