Nowadays, hair care is as important as skin care and most of the beauty treatment regimen for hair involve hair masks, as an important part. As these commercial hair masks may cost you a fortune, you may resort to some effective and healthy ones, that can be made at home, with natural ingredients.
For natural hair mask ingredients, there are options like eggs, yogurt, olive oil, avocados, bananas, coconut cream, almonds and milk. While they are mainly used for conditioning, some are used to get rid of dandruff. So, choose ingredients apt for your hair type and need. Avocado hair mask suits all hair types.
Avocado is one of the most nutritious fruits with numerous health benefits. It contains many essential nutrients like, protein, vitamins A, D, E and K, B vitamins, magnesium, copper, iron, folate, potassium and amino acids. The natural oils in avocado repairs the hair, especially the split ends. This is the reason why avocado oil is used for hair care.
- To prepare this hair mask, you need one ripe avocado, one egg and two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Now prepare a puree of avocado (without any lumps), the egg and olive oil. Some people discard the egg white and use the yolk.
- Once you mix the ingredients to a smooth paste, apply it on the scalp and hair (you may also use the mask on wet hair).
- Apply the mask generously from the roots to the tips of the hair and cover with a plastic wrap.
- Keep the mask for 20- 30 minutes before washing. Rinse the hair with lukewarm water and remove the mask completely. You may also use a mild shampoo for this purpose.
- Make sure to use cold water for the last rinse to avoid hair drying after applying the hair mask.
This is an excellent avocado hair mask for dry hair, as it contains olive oil too. In case of oily hair, you may replace olive oil and egg with one tablespoon of yogurt and half tablespoon honey. For an oily scalp, you may avoid application of this mask on the scalp or apply it in very small amount.