Argan oil is extracted by first picking the ripe argan fruits which are then broken down to get rid of the hard shell. It is then crushed in a handmade stone mill, with some water so that a thick dough like substance is formed. This is kneaded repeatedly and then pressed to get the first extract of argan oil.
Argan oil is rich in vitamin E, Omega-3 and Omega-9 fatty acids. This is also used in many beauty treatments and is highly beneficial for preventing premature aging and smoothing dry hair.
Argan Oil Hair Products
It can be used on color treated and chemically straightened hair and it helps to keep hair healthy and frizz free. It is an alcohol free formula with a bergamot and geranium fragrance.
Redken All Soft Argan-6 Oil
Redken All Soft Argan-6 Oil helps to condition hair and make it glossy and shiny. Just a few drops of this hair oil will soften hair and smoothen frizz. It can also be used before blow drying or straightening hair to protect strands from damage.
L'Oréal Paris EverSleek Precious Oil Treatment
If you have rough, dry and frizzy hair that looks dull and lacks shine, then you should opt for L'Oréal Paris EverSleek Precious Oil Treatment. This hair oil contains olive and sunflower oil, besides argan oil. This smoothing oil can be used on both dry as well as damp hair. Regular use of this oil will soften hair cuticles and make hair smooth and shiny.
Benefits of Using Argan Oil
Pure argan oil does not come cheap, but its effects are nothing short of spectacular. Many hair problems such as dry, rough, frizzy and dull hair lacking shine can be solved with the use of this wonder oil. It is one of the most effective hair oil for repairing damaged hair.
The reason that it has surpassed jojoba and olive oil in popularity is because it is not only rich in vitamin E, but it also contains Omega 3 and Omega 9 unsaturated fatty acids that provides nutrition to hair. In addition to these, it also contains Linoleic and Oleic acid that helps to hydrate and moisturize hair.
Some of the benefits of using Moroccan argan oil for hair are:
- Argan oil contains unsaturated Omega 3 and Omega 9 fatty acids, so it is able to penetrate the hair shaft and repair damaged hair follicles.
- It also increases shine of lackluster dry hair by locking in moisture.
- Unlike other hair oil, argan oil is non-greasy and non-oily and therefore it does not weigh down hair.
- It is ideal for taming rough, dry, frizzy and unmanageable hair.
- It is light and almost weightless so there is less probability of build-up.
- If you have damaged hair due to excessive use of heat styling tools, argan oil can help in restoring lost luster.
- Dryness is usually associated with color treated hair. Regular application of argan oil will help to keep your hair moisturized and hydrated and prevent hair color from fading.
- Argan oil is instantly absorbed by the hair and it helps to restore the lost moisture.
- It also acts as a shield for harmful UV rays and protects the hair from environmental pollution.
- Because it has a high content of vitamin E, argan oil is very effective for preventing hair loss.
- It helps to repair as well as inhibit the occurrence of split ends. It nourishes hair from the root, thereby strengthening it.
How to Use Argan Oil
To get the best results from using argan oil, you need to apply it the right way. Heat some pure organic argan oil and apply the oil on your scalp and hair. Dip a towel in hot water and wrap it around your hair. The heat from the towel will help the hair follicles absorb the oil.
Shampoo and condition your hair as usual. This treatment works wonders for dry, coarse hair as it helps to soften the strands and make it smooth and glossy. For split ends, massage a few drops of argan oil on your hair after shampooing and conditioning, while your hair is still damp. This treatment also works very well for taming frizzy and coarse hair.
Argan oil is very effective for many hair problems as it is rich in antioxidants. It is easily absorbed by the cuticles of hair, nourishing dry hair and making hair shine with health and radiance. It helps to smooth even the frizziest of hair and is rightly called Liquid Gold.