To create an updo always work with hair which was shampooed a day before, as it is easy to work with greasy hair when creating intricate hairstyles like updos. Updos are great hairstyles when you are having a bad hair day or want to sport an elegant style for a formal party. All you need to do is gather some basic hair grooming material and remember the steps mentioned below and you can transform your dull hair into a great-looking updo hairstyle. Here are five different updo hairstyle ideas, which include simple updos like messy knots, to intricate updos like braided buns.
The Top Knot
The top knot is a very easy to create updo and can be done in minutes.
- Brush your hair and tie a ponytail at the top of the head.
- Now, split the ponytail into two parts. (Divide it into more parts, for more volume and depth.)
- Take one section and wrap it around the base of the ponytail, repeat with the other section.
- Secure the hairdo with hair pins and some hairspray.
Quick and Easy Updo (for very short hair)
If you have very short hair, say chin-length then this is a good hairstyle for you. The steps are
- Apply serum to your hair, and style your hair straight using a hair straightening iron.
- Gather your hair at the crown and tie it in a loose ponytail.
- Take hair pins and pin down small sections of hair on various sides of the ponytail base.
- Chain drop earrings look good with this hairstyle.
The Simple Braided Updo
This braided bun is very easy to create, but looks complex.
- Comb your hair and side part them.
- Take a small section from both the sides and roll them.
- Collect all the hair at the back and create a simple braid near the nape of the neck.
- Tie the braid in a bun by rolling it around the base, and secure it with some hair pins.
- Finally, with your fingertips pull at both the ends of braid gently to make the braid look fuller.
Cute Little Buns Updo
Style your hair curly using a curling iron or use a sea salt spray on wet hair. Once the hair is dry, finger comb it and follow these steps:
- Scoop all the hair at the back, and divide it in four to five sections vertically.
- Now start with the section on the left side, roll the section a bit and tie it in a small bun.
- To create the bun, simply roll the hair section and secure it near the nape of the neck.
- Repeat the above two steps with other remaining sections.
- Apply hairspray and you are good to go.
- You can accessorize by wearing a double headband.
The Side Gibson Tuck
This updo looks good on both straight or curly hair.
- Side part your hair and tie the hair into a loose ponytail.
- Make sure your ponytail is on the left side of the head.
- Using your fingers, create a bit of space in the middle of the ponytail, just above the base of the ponytail.
- Now, start rolling the ponytail from the end to top, and tuck it in the space you created.
- Secure the style with some hair pins and a bit of hairspray.
So what are you waiting for? Gather the hair styling products you need and try out the easy updos to carry it to a wedding, prom, or your workplace!